City Vs Spurs Pre Match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
paul1300 said:
I am just saying that both would not be 1st choice if adebayor were available, butin this game I feel that Pavs physical presence would be more beneficial than Defoes speed and frailty, and everyone knows against tricky slippery player like Silva or aguero BAE is prone to the error

But we will win as City have shown a vulnerability of late, and we are due a slice of good fortune

You're putting down Defoe for his frailty and saying Pav should start because of his physical presence?

Then saying one of the top LB's in the league and one of our most consistent players is prone to the error?

I'm going to come accross as a bit of a dickhead but have you seen Spurs play this season?

Re: Pundits for the Spuds game

squirtyflower said:
the guest this morning on Danny Baker was Terry Veneables, i fully expect Dave MacKay to be dragged out next!

Are you suggesting that Sky are biased towards Spurs

or is it that the Likes of Bell or Franny Lee or Tuart won't lower them selves to appear on Sky

Re: Pundits for the Spuds game

paul1300 said:
squirtyflower said:
the guest this morning on Danny Baker was Terry Veneables, i fully expect Dave MacKay to be dragged out next!

Are you suggesting that Sky are biased towards Spurs

or is it that the Likes of Bell or Franny Lee or Tuart won't lower them selves to appear on Sky
actually it was the bbc

spurspinter1 said:
paul1300 said:
I am just saying that both would not be 1st choice if adebayor were available, butin this game I feel that Pavs physical presence would be more beneficial than Defoes speed and frailty, and everyone knows against tricky slippery player like Silva or aguero BAE is prone to the error

But we will win as City have shown a vulnerability of late, and we are due a slice of good fortune

You're putting down Defoe for his frailty and saying Pav should start because of his physical presence?

Then saying one of the top LB's in the league and one of our most consistent players is prone to the error?

I'm going to come accross as a bit of a dickhead but have you seen Spurs play this season?

As it happens I have only missed 2 games this year, i have either watched them at the lane or on the telly or online.

You would be very naive if you consider BAE as Mr reliable when Defending, as going forward he is very good and his link up with Bale is excellent, but if you look at his carreer at spurs he has given the odd penalty away and is quite fond of dicking around with ball in places where he shouldn't. that said he has been pretty solid this year but still looks vulnerable when faced with someone with pace and craft like Silva or aguero or our old friend Nasri.

Defoe has never hit the highs that his early ability promised, He had a poor end to last season where he couldn't score in a Ipswich Nightclub, which led to a lack of confidence, I also think he has lost half a yard of pace, so I don't think he is our first choice striker.

But that is just my opinion which is I believe what this forum is about, and as we are both guests on an opposition forum we should be showing a united front,

Sorry for using the Word United on a City forum

paul1300 said:
spurspinter1 said:
paul1300 said:
This is without doubt Spurs biggest game of the season so far,
and its going to be tough for both teams, you will have trouble bossing our midfield and we will struggle to score, From what I hear King and Kaboul will start at the back, a key area for you is if you employ Silva against Assou-Ekotto who can be a bit of a liability, I rather hope we play Pav instead of Defoe as I think he will have more of a chance of scoring

Jesus....

Erm, what? Pav and "physical presence" have never been terms I associate with one another.

It comes down to goals. Defoe scores them, Pav does not. Therefore, Defoe should play.

Ducado said:
It's apparent the whole of the London based media is routing for Spuds, and it will make a win even more satisfying as we rub their collective noses in it!

Completely Disagree if any London Club were favoured by the press I would say Chelsea, but for years I have felt that Man Utd could not do any wrong, even when Cantona jumped in the crowd, or when they were busy Gazumping other clubs purchases, and I have not experienced any of the press particularly rooting for Tottenham, I do get pissed off when it is stated what a fantastic job Arry has done, considering we were bottom when he took over,blah blah blah

I think a lot of neutral fans are rooting for us due to the style of football we play, and we haven't spent the money City have and it will make a change from United

I'd go

Hart

Zabaleta Richards (c) Lescott Clichy

Milner Hargreaves/NDJ Barry

Silva

Aguero Balotelli

This keeps Savic off the pitch and Zab is a good fullback. Richards and Lescott will be a strong/fast pairing in the centre. I'd give Richards the captaincy.

Zab and Clichy can push up slightly to make a '5
man midfield' if it starts to get to on top at any point. They can also 'bomb on' on occasion and one of the 3 centre midfielders can 'fill in'.

3 'workers' in a tight midfield 3 to nullify modric/vdv.

Silva can 'roam' and be the little link. The likes of parker/dawson/king wont be able to live with him roaming.

Balo and Kun would scare the life out of any back 4 and can also come deep to receive if necessary.

This will work. If I see any of Savic, Kolarov or Dzeko near the starting 11 I'll be shitting myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.