City vs Spurs

I don't think it'll be a long-term thing, but as long as we're fighting for a CL spot, then yes. In a couple seasons, whether it be next year or 5 years away, I think (re: hope) we will be focusing on a much different target and finish than Tottenham.

Spurs are in a difficult position right now...fail to qualify for CL and they lose income and may well have to sell players...it will only get harder to qualify next year with a weakend squad and less income...City will just get stronger and I can see Liverpool coming on next year too.

Blue Tooth said:
Spurs are in a difficult position right now...fail to qualify for CL and they lose income and may well have to sell players...it will only get harder to qualify next year with a weakend squad and less income...City will just get stronger and I can see Liverpool coming on next year too.

With all due respect, I fail to see the logic of this.

When City failed to qualify for the Champions League last season, I don't remember it sparking an exodus of your best players.

All our major players have extended contracts and our finances are such that Champions League football, while obviously advantageous next season, isn't vital to our immediate future.

If they don't get into the CL this season I wouldn't be surprised to see the death of this little uprising. Not that Levy will be happy the amount of money he's spent, but it did pre-date our proper takeover (Sorry Thaksin), so he certainly couldn't have seen us coming, I don't think anyone could. If they don't get it this season, the sale of players etc could set them back years. They may have to end up increasing revenue through their new stadium etc, none of which will happen overnight.

I wouldn't like to see any club get completely ruined (except the obvious, of which I wouldn't piss up their collective arses if their kidneys were on fire), but it will be very interesting to see what happens to Spurs if they miss out on 4th. If we miss out I honestly don't think anything will change, bar the management obviously. If they do it could be the end of them as we know it presently. Back to battling it out for Europa league places and domestic cups.

THFC6061 said:
Blue Tooth said:

When City failed to qualify for the Champions League last season, I don't remember it sparking an exodus of your best players.

All our major players have extended contracts and our finances are such that Champions League football, while obviously advantageous next season, isn't vital to our immediate future.

No it didn't spark an exodus of players because ther best ones could see that huge amounts were being invested and City had genuine aims of not just settling for 4th but getting stronger year after year.

Once City get to the top 4 the chances are your players won't be able to see any way back into the championms league without strengthing. When you fail to do that int he summer then they will start doubting. Ever heard of player power? It is the thing that will well and truly fuck Spurs over.

THFC6061 said:
Blue Tooth said:

It's easy to see the logic, you're just choosing not too. Your players now have a taste for CL football, they've been paraded on the big stage in front of the 'real' big clubs, and your owner isn't in a position like ours where your players can hang around for a much bigger pay packet than anywhere else. Our players had a reason to stay, yours would literally have no reason what so ever, unless they're Spurs born and bred or whatever. Even if you lost Bale, Modric and VDV, only 3 players but nothing outside the realms of possibility with the waves they've been making, it could have a seriously detrimental impact on squad morale, loosing the best of the crop. Extended contracts just means your chairman was smart enough to see the possibility of missing out on CL and still being able to cash in on his prize assets, nothing more.

THFC6061 said:
Blue Tooth said:

Ok so apart from CLfootball what do you offer bar a good team? Your wage bill is very limited (not always a bad thing) when compared with top teams so its obvious your club doesn't pay players big money. After 1/2 year(s) without CL football you can wave bye bye to Modric, Bale and co

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.