City Vs Watford (FA Cup) Post Match Discussion Thread

Watford fans were shite. Oooo, aaaaaaaaaa, look a corner --- yesssssssssss. A throw in.,. Get the fuck in.

Pam said:
Watford fans were shite. Oooo, aaaaaaaaaa, look a corner --- yesssssssssss. A throw in.,. Get the fuck in.
Was Elton John at are ground today?

cleavers said:
watfordfan said:
and if you want proof not ALL our fans are ****://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?45109-United-United
I wouldn't worry too much, a big away following like that, around half your normal home following, is bound to attract a lot of knobs, and your town has fair number from what I see on weekdays (I work locally). I'm sure most of us won't judge you all on it though.

I must say for 6000 of you, you were pretty quiet though, it might be loud for watford, but we've had a few hundred europeans make a lot more noise.

Good luck for the rest of the season, but from what I saw today, if I was a regular watford fan I'd be hoping not to get promoted, yes the money would be good, but player wise you are a long way short of a PL squad at the moment.

Well,thanks for not putting us all into the same category.I gotta say,from the radio,I heard quite a few watford chants early on but when you scored they seemed to shut up.In regards to the promotion to the PL,I would say with some decent players sent over from our owners we might not be a million miles off,but I wasn't at the game so can't comment too much.Out of interest,how close were we to scoring right after the Tevez goal?

Bluemoonie92 said:
watford fans were singing united songs more than theres. Was expecting more from them tbh

Good turn-out from Watford; they brought roughly half their home crowd. As for the u***** chants, we used to get this regularly on our tour of the lower Leagues. Watford played well today and their players deserved better than this; even their own fans are embarrassed about it (well the ones who heard it and aren't in denial anyway):

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?45109-United-United

BTH said:
Bluemoonie92 said:
watford fans were singing united songs more than theres. Was expecting more from them tbh

Good turn-out from Watford; they brought roughly half their home crowd. As for the u***** chants, we used to get this regularly on our tour of the lower Leagues. Watford played well today and their players deserved better than this; even their own fans are embarrassed about it (well the ones who heard it and aren't in denial anyway):

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?45109-United-United

Yeah i agree they played well. i was referring to the watford fans when saying i expected nore. Saying that i bet half if them there werent even watford fans.

watfordfan said:
Out of interest,how close were we to scoring right after the Tevez goal?
If you mean the one on one, the lad should have scored, it was decent save, but he should never have had the chance to save it really, and we should have been more awake to prevent the chance at all.

Don't get me wrong, you look a tidy championship side, but the gulf is bigger than ever now, and I didn't see many players who would improve say Wigan, QPR, or Villa, and you can't bring in 10-15 players in one go, not that would gel. I thought your number 4 (captain ?) was about on a par with Andy Morrison when we were in division 2 (I loved the guy at the time by the way), pretty agricultural, but combative :) and should have had a red for 2 poor challenges, the ref ignored the first one.

cleavers said:
watfordfan said:
Out of interest,how close were we to scoring right after the Tevez goal?
If you mean the one on one, the lad should have scored, it was decent save, but he should never have had the chance to save it really, and we should have been more awake to prevent the chance at all.

Don't get me wrong, you look a tidy championship side, but the gulf is bigger than ever now, and I didn't see many players who would improve say Wigan, QPR, or Villa, and you can't bring in 10-15 players in one go, not that would gel. I thought your number 4 (captain ?) was about on a par with Andy Morrison when we were in division 2 (I loved the guy at the time by the way), pretty agricultural, but combative :) and should have had a red for 2 poor challenges, the ref ignored the first one.

Ah,number 4 will be John Eustace.Good player,a good leader but one of those 'nitty,gritty' players like you mention.I think championship is probably his level and plus hes getting on a bit now.In reference to the chance,the lad(forestieri) is a very decent player,seems to be one of those who does all the skill but cant bury it!I think your right about us being decent championship team but not PL just yet.Due to the increasing amount of money in the championship(Cardiff are prime example) what used to be anybodies league is now fairly competitive.

Number 41 and 39 looked like pretty good players. 41 in particular, ball stuck to his feet as he dipped one way and turned the other then made a decent pass... Silva-esque.

watfordfan said:
Ah,number 4 will be John Eustace.Good player,a good leader but one of those 'nitty,gritty' players like you mention.I think championship is probably his level and plus hes getting on a bit now.In reference to the chance,the lad(forestieri) is a very decent player,seems to be one of those who does all the skill but cant bury it!I think your right about us being decent championship team but not PL just yet.Due to the increasing amount of money in the championship(Cardiff are prime example) what used to be anybodies league is now fairly competitive.
Yeah I agree Eustace is about at his level, enthusiastic, combative, agricultural, but necessary. You did look dangerous at times, but whenever you neared the box, it seemed to wither, but we did have pretty well our best defence out today.

As I said good luck for the rest of the season, I can't say I want Cardiff coming up, and I can't stand Middlesbrough, and I'm not a lover of Selhurst either, plus you away is a home game for me (30 minutes from home, and 10 minutes from work), but if you do come up, don't start with the £50 ticket crap like Norwich (and worse like QPR), because I won't be coming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.