City vs. West Brom Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoahCity

I know a lot of people will want to rest players for FA Cup, but it would help a lot to win this to make 2nd a bit more secure. At the same time though it wouldn't hurt to see some of the youth players given a god like Denis Suarez. Lukaku definitely a player to watch out for.

It's a game we really want to be winning , for two reasons ......

if Cheslea lose tomorrow , a City win over WBA would seal 2nd place

however if Chelsea win at OT , the last thing we want to be doin' right now is to be offering any encouragement to the chasing pack , by dropping points at this vital time ....... doesn't look like Arsenal play again until after the cup final , but Chelsea and Spurs play each other , and we don't really want the Chelsea win as they have the game in hand on Spurs ...... a draw there would do nicely as far as far as we're concerned.

We shouldn't rest a lot of the players I think, but we should be able to win this comfortably with a few changes. We play very good at home so hopefully we can win without many problems. Maybe rest Silva and Aguero, though?

My lineup would be:
------------------Hart----------------
Richards---Kompany--Lescott------Clichy
--------------Garcia---Rodwell----------
---------Milner-----Nasri--------Sinclair
--------------------Tevez-------------
This should be good to beat WBA, Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Zabba all on the bench to get some rest.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
If Chelsea lose today and we win..Does this not guarantee second??

A game we must win

Yes , if both things happen.

NoahCity said:
My lineup would be:
------------------Hart----------------
Richards---Kompany--Lescott------Clichy
--------------Garcia---Rodwell----------
---------Milner-----Nasri--------Sinclair
--------------------Tevez-------------
This should be good to beat WBA, Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Zabba all on the bench to get some rest.
Will Sinclair be ok? Even though I don´t rate Kolarov I think he´s due a runout don´t want Clichy to get injured neither and be stuck him in the final.

Was West Brom home the last league game we didn't sell out? Because there's loads of tickets left for this, can't see a sell out. Wigan just about sold out but this has many more left.

I think we might scrape this but could easily see another lethargic performance before the cup final.

Feckin' nora , what a strange situation we find ourselves in today .....

on one hand we could do with the rags beating Chelsea to make life easier for our second place quest ...... yet on the other hand we don't want the rags to win because the points gap will widen again!

Hobsons choice , i suppose ... but it's been that kind of season!

Richards, Kolo, Lescott, Kolarov, Garcia, Rodwell, Milner and Dzeko should all get a chance ahead of the Fa Cup clash.

I would play only one of Silva/Nasri, Tevez/Aguero and Suarez really deserves at least half an hour after he's been in great form in the recent weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.