City Vs Wigan Official Post Match Discussion Thread

Mr Trebus said:
A very good performance again, I could get used to this :). My only disappointment was the atmosphere was flat, let's not become complacent against the smaller clubs and let's enjoy victories with more noise.

Agree the noise levels do need raising but then we might upset the moaning fookers who whinge when you stand up when singing bluemoon or we nearly score

Another first class showing. Excellence from Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Kompany and Richards. Could've been 8 or 9.

It struck me as being a bit like a 'practice match' or training session as we clearly weren't out of 1st gear.

Tevez clearly not yet match fit and his feet need to catch up to his mind, but this will come. He looked up for it and is still the man.

My only negative would be, as I said last week, the goal diff could be extremely crucial come the final reckoning and we really do need to start completely smashing teams by big scores, like these today, who were there for the taking.

This group seems so dedicated to passing. I really am excited for the time when things become second nature.

You know City have won when the media hacks begin their latest smear campaign:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2035994/Back-Europe-41-years-Manchester-City-face-image-problem.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... oblem.html</a>

LoveCity said:
You know City have won when the media hacks begin their latest smear campaign:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2035994/Back-Europe-41-years-Manchester-City-face-image-problem.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... oblem.html</a>

It's getting tiresome now! all these reporters support the rags Liverpool or a London club have got an agenda and will find anything to stain our club! PSG have spent the most this summer and Prattini was quoted as saying it great for French football it's becoming a fucking joke

Alan Hansen on MOTD was waxing lyrical about how we are playing stunning football this season, great to see a bit of humble pie from the Scottish buffoon....

Bluemanc100 said:
Alan Hansen on MOTD was waxing lyrical about how we are playing stunning football this season, great to see a bit of humble pie from the Scottish buffoon....
How he must hate praising a Manchester team, people are starting to sit up and take notice of us, be afraid....be VERY afraid, City are coming to get the trophy Taggart

Bluemanc100 said:

Even more pie was shared over on Soccer Sataday, Merson was going on about how good we are, and how much more impressive our result at Spurs was over Uniteds against Arsenal B.

I am still trying to understand why we changed a winning side as an example against Tottenham( absolutely awesome football display which in essence is what we pay for)and then a week later put out a forward line that is obviously uncomfortable working together as seen against Wigan this weekend. Personnally I would have kept the same side, provided the right combinations of Aguera, Silva, Dzeko and Nasri upfront with Barry as a vital feeder of the ball to the forwards and watched entertaining football.
The first 60 mins of this match reminded me of the City of old, no attractive football, no concept of what to do with the ball and how to break down Wigan( who played very well) except for Silva and Aguera, the rest, especially Johnson and Richards !!!!! someone explain their performance I cant.
Happy to have won the match( should have been 6- 0) but from this performance Until Nasri came on we were not Title Contenders.
An ardent City Supporter forever. maguip1

MANCINI OUT. Horrible display by our team tonight. Playing too fluid, they couldnt complete few passes in a row, pfff... Horrible display, we're more like some Championship team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.