City Vs Wigan Official Post Match Discussion Thread

silva was simply outstanding, a virtuoso performance of supreme skill
aguero was deadly and is looking a snip at 38 mill
there was a few misplace passes here and there but way too good for wigan
for it to matter
gutted for edin, i really hope he is playing wednesday, he didn't deserve that.
i'm hoping its the squad game.

maguip1 said:
I am still trying to understand why we changed a winning side as an example against Tottenham( absolutely awesome football display which in essence is what we pay for)and then a week later put out a forward line that is obviously uncomfortable working together as seen against Wigan this weekend. Personnally I would have kept the same side, provided the right combinations of Aguera, Silva, Dzeko and Nasri upfront with Barry as a vital feeder of the ball to the forwards and watched entertaining football.
The first 60 mins of this match reminded me of the City of old, no attractive football, no concept of what to do with the ball and how to break down Wigan( who played very well) except for Silva and Aguera, the rest, especially Johnson and Richards !!!!! someone explain their performance I cant.
Happy to have won the match( should have been 6- 0) but from this performance Until Nasri came on we were not Title Contenders.
An ardent City Supporter forever. maguip1
One of the most idiotic first posts on blue moon

Welcome!

tonea2003 said:
for it to matter
I think he definately deserved a rest. He played our three opening games and 180mins for Bosnia last week too. A rest is exactly what Mancini should have given him considering Clichy Richards Lescott Silva Johnson Agüero Tevez Nasri Balotelli didn't start (and in some cases didn't play at all) for their countries the previous week. Edin will now be fresh for Napoli!<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:13 am --<br /><br />
Mr Trebus said:
A very good performance again, I could get used to this :). My only disappointment was the atmosphere was flat, let's not become complacent against the smaller clubs and let's enjoy victories with more noise.
The atmosphere wasn't flat, it was a fucking disgrace! There were more songs coming from the Family Stand than the South Stand and the East/South Corner were only marginally better.

danburge82 said:
tonea2003 said:
for it to matter
I think he definately deserved a rest. He played our three opening games and 180mins for Bosnia last week too. A rest is exactly what Mancini should have given him considering Clichy Richards Lescott Silva Johnson Agüero Tevez Nasri Balotelli didn't start (and in some cases didn't play at all) for their countries the previous week. Edin will now be fresh for Napoli!

fair point mate i hadn't realised he had played the two full games for bosnia

-- Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:13 am --

My observations.

Tevez, although a brilliant player, currently doesnt suit the way we now play, he wants to hold onto the ball, have a little dribble, drop deep etc, yet with his substitution, the pitch opened up, the fluidity returned, and we were playing in the space between their defence and midfield.

silva was 9/10 again, quite simply the best player to have worn the city shirt, astonishingly good again.

kompany was commanding and determined to keep a clean sheet.

wigan played on clichy, aiming to get 1 against 1, and at times nearly got in.

johnson had a frustrating game, but some need to cut him some slack, a terrific option for city, who will get better and better.

ya ya, must be loving the players around him, he barely has to move, he just keeps us ticking along nicely.

another brilliant afternoons entertainment, i wish we played every day.

squirtyflower said:
maguip1 said:
I am still trying to understand why we changed a winning side as an example against Tottenham( absolutely awesome football display which in essence is what we pay for)and then a week later put out a forward line that is obviously uncomfortable working together as seen against Wigan this weekend. Personnally I would have kept the same side, provided the right combinations of Aguera, Silva, Dzeko and Nasri upfront with Barry as a vital feeder of the ball to the forwards and watched entertaining football.
The first 60 mins of this match reminded me of the City of old, no attractive football, no concept of what to do with the ball and how to break down Wigan( who played very well) except for Silva and Aguera, the rest, especially Johnson and Richards !!!!! someone explain their performance I cant.
Happy to have won the match( should have been 6- 0) but from this performance Until Nasri came on we were not Title Contenders.
An ardent City Supporter forever. maguip1
One of the most idiotic first posts on blue moon

Welcome!

He'll fit in nicely....ffs where do these people come from.

TEVEZ HATERS:

He fit in just well with the play. He could have had a goal and 2 assists in a perfect world. He wasn't holding on to the ball any more than anyone else. If anything, he was less selfish than previously. He IS learning to be a team player, you can immediately tell because he isn't carrying the ball as much. He was instrumental in the build up play when we were strolling in the first half. I actually thought to myself, Carlos must be watching Shrek, picking out wingers and fullbacks with passes.

'Doesn't suit the way we play'

Sorry to break it to you, but we don't have a 'way of playing' that is exclusive. Carlos comes on, it changes the dynamics of the team, but it doesn't make it worse per se. Similarly, Milner comes on for Barry. It changes the dynamics of the team, but it doesn't make us worse.

'he wants to hold onto the ball, have a little dribble, drop deep etc'

Fuck do you want him to do? He's doing what he's supposed to do. Aguero did the same things yesterday, I've watched the match 3 times, I know fully well. Are you gonna slate him? What about David who was spear heading our attack at times, gonna slate him as well?

'yet with his substitution, the pitch opened up, the fluidity returned, and we were playing in the space between their defence and midfield.'

Adding a player with fresh legs typically does that. Ie, Johnson. If they're world class, ie Nasri, forget about it!

Other than the fact that I wished they could have put Wigan away earlier and those extra goals would be nice towards the overall goal difference, it was a good match.

What was up with that penalty kick? I can't complain if that is what I am complaining about.

Bring on Napoli.

jjeangi said:
TEVEZ HATERS:

He fit in just well with the play. He could have had a goal and 2 assists in a perfect world. He wasn't holding on to the ball any more than anyone else. If anything, he was less selfish than previously. He IS learning to be a team player, you can immediately tell because he isn't carrying the ball as much. He was instrumental in the build up play when we were strolling in the first half. I actually thought to myself, Carlos must be watching Shrek, picking out wingers and fullbacks with passes.

'Doesn't suit the way we play'

Sorry to break it to you, but we don't have a 'way of playing' that is exclusive. Carlos comes on, it changes the dynamics of the team, but it doesn't make it worse per se. Similarly, Milner comes on for Barry. It changes the dynamics of the team, but it doesn't make us worse.

'he wants to hold onto the ball, have a little dribble, drop deep etc'

Fuck do you want him to do? He's doing what he's supposed to do. Aguero did the same things yesterday, I've watched the match 3 times, I know fully well. Are you gonna slate him? What about David who was spear heading our attack at times, gonna slate him as well?

'yet with his substitution, the pitch opened up, the fluidity returned, and we were playing in the space between their defence and midfield.'

Adding a player with fresh legs typically does that. Ie, Johnson. If they're world class, ie Nasri, forget about it!

methinks you are getting a little over excited, nobody is slating tevez, everyone recognises his huge talent, but if you watch the tottenham game, and the way aguero, silva and nasri played off dzeko, we were to my mind easier on the eye in the way we moved the ball, there was far more one touch passing and we got to more dangerous areas quicker.

tevez is a player that is always going to be involved, it's his nature, he never ever shys away from graft, but sometimes to my mind it can be to the detriment of other players, once tevez left it seemed as though aguero instantly got the onus to be the main man up top, he took up clever positions, and within ten minutes he was rewarded with 2 goals.

you point to fresh legs for the last 2 goals, i would argue the teams shape was responsible.

fathellensbellend said:
you point to fresh legs for the last 2 goals, i would argue the teams shape was responsible.
Please explain how the team shape was altered allowing Nasri and Silva to send through balls...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.