City Vs Wigan Official Post Match Discussion Thread

CTID101 said:
A.Johnson was really disappointing today. Twice he has had a start in HOME matches against Swansea and Wigan. Both not famed for their fullbacks and he has offered nothing. Really disappointing.

Maybe a loan move would have been good for him?

Apart from that the team was awesome. Moved up a level when Nasri came on.

Really disappointing? Really? You supported City long like?

Great game to watch and flick across to see Liverpool going down, and then capped off with Fox Sports here in Australia showing highlights of 2005/2006 win over the Rags with CR7 getting a straight red.

lmjones1uk said:
AdamoTheGreat said:
brian the blue said:
Only poor players today were Tevez and Johnson.

Cant fully agree with you here mate. The penalty was obviously horrendous but his effort today and passing ability was top notch. Johnson was also unlucky to scoop that little sitter early on, but overall I agree with this one as he did fail to make much of an impact.

I think that's a bit unfair on AJ, he had a good game but he tends to get a bad wrap if he dosnt score

He constantly gave the ball away, found himself in the wrong positions, lack of movement, dwelling on the ball too long, giving the ball away, and he gave the ball away a couple of times too.

Add to that the misses, bad decision making, and giving the ball away, it was a very bad performance.

Also, his ball retention isn't very good and he gives the ball away quite often too.

lmjones1uk said:
CTID101 said:
A.Johnson was really disappointing today. Twice he has had a start in HOME matches against Swansea and Wigan. Both not famed for their fullbacks and he has offered nothing. Really disappointing.

Well I beg you a fucking Tyrannosaurus Rex pardon, your fucking Excellency. I for one agree, Johnson is fucking shite.

lmjones1uk said:
AdamoTheGreat said:
brian the blue said:
Only poor players today were Tevez and Johnson.

Cant fully agree with you here mate. The penalty was obviously horrendous but his effort today and passing ability was top notch. Johnson was also unlucky to scoop that little sitter early on, but overall I agree with this one as he did fail to make much of an impact.

I think that's a bit unfair on AJ, he had a good game but he tends to get a bad wrap if he dosnt score

It's not really whether he scores or not but the fact he just doesn't contribute enough and seems to slow things down when he's on the ball. He looks quite leggy too when running in behind or at players. Nasri or Balotelli has to be in ahead of him in future games.

lmjones1uk said:
CTID101 said:

Yes i have been supporting them long. Why does that make any difference to my opinion of todays game?

Johnson offered basically nothing down the wing. Richards got in better positions than him.

Johnson should be tearing theses fullbacks apart like he was last season in a majority of his games but against Swansea and Wigan he hasn't offered anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.