City Vs Wigan Official Post Match Discussion Thread

You won't read it anywhere but on this forum, but right now David Silva is the best footballer in the EPL (by a country mile at that). He had a quiet 20 minutes as wigan managed to finally catch up with his shadow, as the first half came to an end, but he came out in the second half and took his performace to a whole new level. I nearly wept at his turn, quick feet and burst for the 3rd goal, basically it's what football is all about, it why we play it, it's why we watch it.

Tevez gave a good performace, but he wandered too much at times, leaving city without a spearhead, the change middle-to-front when nasri came on for him and kun went up top was almost instant. It was back to the fluid dream machine batshit mental good stuff from the spurs game. I take it that it was his kids he brought out today - nice gesture - I guess he is making a point about commitment and trying to make it work here. He has work to do, burnt a few bridges in the summer, but his effort and ability are not up for debate. he is one the top 5-10 footballers in the world, and its says so much right now, that city look better without him starting.

I'll need to watch the game again tonight to decide on the defence, seemed sloppy in that a few balls behind caused some problems, but at the time, I felt Company was back to top form today, very commanding. Clichy is better than Kolarov, does wonders for the midfield by getting up and ahead of them. Richards is so solid now - deserves real credit for how he has started the season.

Kun - the guys a machine in front of goal. Talk about clinical. Just awesome striking.

Razak - good to see a kid get on - he provided something a bit different in that he played a pressing game when he came on. Its not somethong that city do that much off and I see that as a weakness. Barcelona are currently redefining football for the modern era, and they do it on the building block of the most ridiculous pressing game you have ever seen - the only way to beat them is to press them harder than they press you and then outscore them! -so I want to see more of this in the teams tactics this season when without the ball.

Johnson - a bit of an enigma today. Had the beating the fullback, did ok when he came in-field and joined in with the link up play. Seemed off the pace - a bit static when the play slowed down, as mentioned elsewhere was postionally at fault during a few attacks. As Mancini didn't hook him, I'd say he did his job as a component part of the team, just not one in the limelight tonight.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
I never thought I would see a greater player in a city shirt than Jason Van Blerk,

but David Silva you are the greatest player I have ever seen wear a city shirt.

You sir are a god.

you're not wrong :-)

hirop said:
I'll need to watch the game again tonight to decide on the defence, seemed sloppy in that a few balls behind caused some problems, but at the time, I felt Company was back to top form today, very commanding. Clichy is better than Kolarov, does wonders for the midfield by getting up and ahead of them. Richards is so solid now - deserves real credit for how he has started the season.
It's probably related to the fact that they all seemed to spend half the match in Wigan's half!

Irwell said:
hirop said:
It's probably related to the fact that they all seemed to spend half the match in Wigan's half!

True, but lets not get caught day dreamin by balls down the side or over the top, better teams will exploit that when city are only 1-0 up at h\t despite something like 15 clear chances. Like I say, I'll watch again and decide from there.

hirop said:
True, but lets not get caught day dreamin by balls down the side or over the top, better teams will exploit that when city are only 1-0 up at h\t despite something like 15 clear chances. Like I say, I'll watch again and decide from there.
True enough, we definitely need to be a bit more disciplined at the back in a lot of games, but it was quite funny seeing Lescott and Kompany both running into their box on the break!

I like the Beady Eye version of BM but did anyone notice no one sang along to it before the match, I don't think its catching on at all.

LoveCity said:
I like the Beady Eye version of BM but did anyone notice no one sang along to it before the match, I don't think its catching on at all.
I think it's too low key to get people singing along... It either needs real passion in the singing or it needs to be fast with a bit of a beat like the other version. That's what I think anyway.

Good win. Dont think Wigan ever thought they could beat us, But bar a few moments of exitment, what a dull game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.