City Woman

I think this is a real own goal.

I've followed City for 45 years. I love them. I was playing football up to 5 years ago. I like cooking and sewing. I also like cars and I'm a better driver than my husband, whether in my high heels or my trail-running shoes. I ogled Nicky Reid 30 odd years ago, and nowadays I find Silva and Aguero cute.

I don't need a separate section - and they certainly seem to have picked the wrong person to 'edit' it. Unlike her, I'm a proud feminist because I think feminism is about letting everyone, male and female, be who they want to be and not be defined by some ancient constraints. So women can be mechanics and men can express their love for babies etc.

Women are part of football today, so like the article tweeted by Ric said (@thespiralquirk), there needs to be stuff in the shop that fits them, but a recipe section? No thanks.

karen7 said:
Doesn't interest me at all
Recipes ffs! City is football not womens hour

Aye, my work does a similiar thing to City because of the male dominance.

Two of the best bosses I've ever had at my work (and probably will ever have the way things are going) were female. They were the best because they concentrated on getting the job done properly.

(I'm male)

I think the only way to gain traction for the site, in a progressive manner, is to keep the articles, but skew it more towards sports, club and fashion.

The fitness should be tied in with how City footballing women, firstly, get fit and compare it to the men maybe. As for tattoos, perhaps tie that in with fashion wear, but more in sync with City's accessories and clothing.

It will, hopefully, be more of a lifestyle and club section that looks at how work and personal life ties in with following the Citizens or something.

I can't see it working any other way.

BlueMom said:

I've followed City for 45 years. I love them. I was playing football up to 5 years ago. I like cooking and sewing. I also like cars and I'm a better driver than my husband, whether in my high heels or my trail-running shoes. I ogled Nicky Reid 30 odd years ago, and nowadays I find Silva and Aguero cute.

I don't need a separate section - and they certainly seem to have picked the wrong person to 'edit' it. Unlike her, I'm a proud feminist because I think feminism is about letting everyone, male and female, be who they want to be and not be defined by some ancient constraints. So women can be mechanics and men can express their love for babies etc.

Women are part of football today, so like the article tweeted by Ric said (@thespiralquirk), there needs to be stuff in the shop that fits them, but a recipe section? No thanks.

Article that Ric tweeted for those not on Twitter

<a class="postlink" href="http://thespiralquirk.wordpress.com/2014/03/08/city-woman/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thespiralquirk.wordpress.com/201 ... ity-woman/</a>

Ducado said:
BlueMom said:

Article that Ric tweeted for those not on Twitter

<a class="postlink" href="http://thespiralquirk.wordpress.com/2014/03/08/city-woman/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thespiralquirk.wordpress.com/201 ... ity-woman/</a>

@thespiralquirk Says it better than I can and she's spot on about Angela Epstein ! What were the club thinking at all ?

I actually think this opens up a wider debate about whether the content the site put out is good enough.

The idea of what City provide is wonderful. The tunnel camera, Inside City, free match highlights and City Today. But does anyone else feel like the standard is a little unprofessional? Especially the commentary and editing of the match highlights.

I actually find myself looking forward to watching highlights on the website less and less as each game passes, instead I spend time finding web-rips of Sky footage or Match of the Day repeats. I used to love listening to Alistair Mann as well, but he's gone too.

They removed the man who completely lost his shit when we won the title - probably because he said the word "Unbelievable" a little too much - but the man they've replaced him with is just okay. He's not helped by how unsettled the editing of the highlights seem to be, admittedly.

I must sound so ungrateful because we're probably the only Premier League club which offers free highlights, but I feel like it used to be better in the title winning season. What does everyone else think?

@Blue Is the Opposite of Blue

Sorry but could you open a new thread about that? I hope this thread doesn't get derailed. I think it's important that manchester city fix this asap because it's embarrassing for the club. Even many female football fans from other clubs say they'd be angry if their club makes the same thing.

How to send our opinion to the club, btw? I only know to send them via <a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com/citywoman_mcfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.twitter.com/citywoman_mcfc</a>

Totally embarrassing to see this. I assumed that when the football team changed their name to Women that we had someone a little more modern in charge, but this is just silly.

It doesn't surprise me that it's a Daily Mail writer up front, and that her first article is all about putting women down. Given that the Daily Mail is hugely popular with many women despite it's constant misogyny, I wouldn't be too surprised if this did appeal to a lot of female supporters - but I strongly feel it's not the right way to go.

Clearly articles about women with tattoos, fitness, and healthy eating would work in a general lifestyle section on the site - One that could still appeal to women, but also to many men too, and wouldn't peddle outdated sexist ideas.

After all, if the club are going to stereotype women supporters and assume they are only interested in fashion and food, then surely they must also assume they aren't interested in football?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.