Citycard

crossthepond

Hey I'm curious your thoughts on the Seasoncard, Citycard and Access Card..

Have you found that the use of the Citycard has overall been a positive change from the past? What do you like better? What's worse?

Has there been a noticeable change in how long it takes to get into the stadium?

What do you think of the loyalty points system? Has the club used it for anything other than priority for selling tickets?

What do you think of the system in place for reselling your tickets if you cannot go? In the US, fans use StubHub or eBay quite a bit to resell tickets. Is it possible to still do this with your tickets on the Citycard? What loopholes have you found?

Any and all other comments, both positive and negative about the Citycard are welcome.

Cheers!

crossthepond said:
Hello my name is Rusty and I am doing research for a US sports club. They are going to implement a system similar to your Citycard this season as they open their new stadium and I'd like to get your feedback on what you think of the system.

Have you found that the use of the Citycard has overall been a positive change from the past? What do you like better? What's worse?

Has there been a noticeable change in how long it takes to get into the stadium?

What do you think of the loyalty points system? Has the club used it for anything other than priority for selling tickets?

What do you think of the system in place for reselling your tickets if you cannot go? In the US, fans use StubHub or eBay quite a bit to resell tickets. Is it possible to still do this with your tickets on the Citycard? What loopholes have you found?

Any and all other comments, both positive and negative about the Citycard are welcome.

Cheers!
1) Well it's a priority system, it means you have basically first pick of the non-season ticket seats. I don't think there's really a downside to the system, the cost evens out over the year when you take into account match ticket discounts.

2) There's a universal smart card entry system to get into the ground anyway, it doesn't really make much difference. You're either going to have that, a seasoncard or an accesscard (the 3rd tier, below citycard) and all use the same system. It's much better than the manned turnstiles, except when it goes wrong. I haven't experienced it going wrong myself though.

3) No, not really. It's just priority for away games and a pecking order for non-seasoncard holders for home games. It works quite well all things considered.

4) We haven't got one, really. It's up to the fans to sort that out amongst themselves. We did have SeatExchange but that for some reason stopped.

Unfortunately I have had some grief with my own citycard, I have been to the majority
of matched this season, buying tickets online transferred to my city card, I have only
been allowed entry once, the swipe system refuses my card, when you find the stewards
they check up you have purchased no probs then you get let in, its just embarrassing
and shouldn't happen. I am not alone.
The concept is fantastic, quicker entry and technology moved on.

hi im brian from ireland,i hope to go to my first city game against wigan in march,i was wondering how will i get tickets for the game and do i need 2 buy a city card or access card???????

brianon10 said:
hi im brian from ireland,i hope to go to my first city game against wigan in march,i was wondering how will i get tickets for the game and do i need 2 buy a city card or access card???????
brian, u can get an accesscard for free, just ring ticket office and ask. but if u going 2 wigan game on the monday night, im sure there will be plenty of cheap tickets knocking about on here mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.