CityCard

masterwig

Are they on sale at the club shop/ticket office yet?

The website just says mid-June.

Get on the phone to them or go down there.

£20 for the privledge to buy tickets is quite a joke in my opinion. I done it for two seasons but last season I had a season ticket and it was so much easier!

Renewed aswell, also on tickets direct scheme and stuff. It just saves all the hassle. Over two seasons it worked out at £1,440 for me to attend 36 games excluding cup games. I could have brought three season tickets for that!

Well I'm moving to Sheffield to go to uni in September so it won't be worth buying a season card (I couldn't afford one anyway). I thought it'd be worth getting a citycard so that I could ensure I got tickets for matches when I was back home and for the derby.

sent an email to the club complaining about the charge for an access card, got this reply

"The cards that are being sold at the moment are not access cards, they are full
memberships (city cards). City card members have priority over tickets sales
and other benefits which can be found on the official website.

The access cards will be available in July and will be free of charge."

Am I right in saying that the access card's only real benefit is that it allows tickets to be bought online or by phone and then the tickets are magically put onto the card, thus saving the need to collect them?

The Citycard (£20?) pretty much guarantees tickets to all games in the exclusive sale period and a £1 discount in that period?

Paul Powers Bar said:
given the attendance last season, an access card pretty much guarantees tickets for the games.

Not anymore it doesn't, not with the take-over and all. It's an exciting era and it'll be a case of first come, first served. 36,000 season tickets leave only 12,000 seats of which several are covered by the away fans and the nets that prevent the City fans getting to them. They'll only be limited tickets available because this club will provide the hottest ticket in town.

C_T_I_D said:
Paul Powers Bar said:
given the attendance last season, an access card pretty much guarantees tickets for the games.

Not anymore it doesn't, not with the take-over and all. It's an exciting era and it'll be a case of first come, first served. 36,000 season tickets leave only 12,000 seats of which several are covered by the away fans and the nets that prevent the City fans getting to them. They'll only be limited tickets available because this club will provide the hottest ticket in town.
Dont think they will be a need for access cards this year ,cant see many spare tickets floating around

masterwig said:
Am I right in saying that the access card's only real benefit is that it allows tickets to be bought online or by phone and then the tickets are magically put onto the card, thus saving the need to collect them?

The Citycard (£20?) pretty much guarantees tickets to all games in the exclusive sale period and a £1 discount in that period?

Pretty much spot on. You can only get paper tickets on the day in one of the stands now (and I don;t know which one).

I buy a Citycard for the £20 because you can build up priority points for cup and away games and because I don't mind the club having an extra bit of cash from me to try to keep the rickety ship afloat ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.