Citys best ever captain.

Might be reading this wrong, but TB isn't a Manc. An adopted Manc maybe.

I've just read his Wikipedia page - I never knew he wasn't from Manchester, I just assumed he was as he lived near my old house for as long as I can remember! :P

tony book for me as for reasons already stated,honorable mentions to jock morrison ,kompany ,power and steve redmond.shittest yaya .although he won't make the top ten of captains thank you gerard wiekens good player and total gent

One of our best skippers Tony Book enjoying his annual holiday in Tenerife at the moment. He still has all his old school mates from Bath,great man and a great crowd!

Looking back over the time I've supported City has to be Morrison absolute animal of a man, his book is a great read

Everyone's allowed an off-day, mate.

I'd plump for Paul Power. Such a shame we never got to see him lift the FA Cup in '81. Slight blemish on our support the way we was so under appreciated in his time at City.

For lifting the ultimate domestic prize Cowan, Book and Kompany also deserve a mention. To carry a team to that achievement over the course of a long and winding season is worthy of much merit.

Only my opinion on VK based on experience.Great player though & thats his job so cant argue on that point.

So true on Paul Power or `Gladys` as he was known.Remember he scored for Everton as they smashed us at MR on the way to winning the league and he scored.....I thought he was going to burst out crying....a real True Blue that fellah and a gent who always had/has time for the fans.Not many have had the love he has for the club over the years.Under appreciated as you rightly say.

Only my opinion on VK based on experience.
I know that mate. I've read what you've posted about your encounter previously. I was just saying that just because someone comes across as a prick in a situation like that it doesn't necessarily follow he's like that all the time. I don't hear other stuff to corroborate that and maybe he was just having a shit day. Maybe not, of course.

I'm sure there must have been the odd occasion when people have met me for the first time and found me to be slightly less than my usually utterly charming self!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.