Citys Best goals in Europe

Yaya away , can’t remember who we played but we had the white kit on with the sash. He cut in from the left and bent it in to the top right corner.
Nasri scored a cracker too , think it was against Roma away . Top left hand corner

Last edited:
Which is your favourite?

I Will go with KDB v PSG At Home

When the Roof came off
Tony Towers’ late winner against Academica de Coimbra, Cup Winners’ Cup quarter-final second leg 1970.. It was 0-0 on aggregate and they had kicked us relentlessly for two games.. we pressed and pressed but couldn’t break them down.. then the ball went loose just outside the box and Tony thundered a shot that flew in.. the roof came off Maine Road that night.. we were into our first European semi-final!

Tony Towers’ late winner against Academica de Coimbra, Cup Winners’ Cup quarter-final second leg 1970.. It was 0-0 on aggregate and they had kicked us relentlessly for two games.. we pressed and pressed but couldn’t break them down.. then the ball went loose just outside the box and Tony thundered a shot that flew in.. the roof came off Maine Road that night.. we were into our first European semi-final!
I was in the Platt Lane that night and I reckon he was near the penalty spot when he hit it. It certainly sparked some wild celebrations. ;-)

That brings back plenty of memories, i was 13 at the time and just making my way down the steps of the Platt Lane when he scored. I think he left years later going to Sunderland.

I was in the Platt Lane that night and I reckon he was near the penalty spot when he hit it. It certainly sparked some wild celebrations. ;-)
You probably had a better view than us paupers heaving in the Kippax, sitting there in the posh seats (!!) ‘rattling yer jewellery’ as someone once put it..! The Alan Oakes goal you mention was another cracker, went in like an Exocet, similar to Tony Towers’ in that it finally broke down Bilbao well into the second half (and I always picture Alan Oakes looking like he had telephone directories for shin pads!) And we scored some great goals against Schalke in the semi-final 2nd Leg.. I remember ‘Nelly’ Young thumping one in with his left after we carved Schalke open.. ‘Eeee, ‘appy days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.