City's budget

ancoats

ok every tom dick and harry kane has been talked about. but what is city spending budget

seem to recall pep saying not to long ago ? we can not spend £100million on a player its impossible
city have some value in the squad and could move some players out. but if we after quick cash we would have to take a hit on some and sell at under market value
pep and the board are very clever and city have money and even winning prize money and making the champions league final from last season adds up

i bet city could spend £300million easy with the money from sales and swaps

I'd guess about £50/ £60 mill net. Think we have about £50/60 mill coming from fringe players,plus Sancho money and possibly £65 mill ish from Bernardo. So I'd guess max £200 mill give or take gross spend.

isnt luiz at aston villa on a cheap buy back this summer surely a bargain tool against grealish who i rate at nowhere near 100 million pound player

From what Pep had said previously, and what we've heard Tixi/Ferran say before, I don't see it about figures and limits as it is about value.

I.e say we had 300m to spend, wouldn't necessarily spend 250m on two players if the club don't see that as the worthwhile figure they can value the players at.

If you heard them speak about vanDyke. It wasnt like they fidnt have 75m to spend. They just didnt think it was right on that player. Then spent 58m on Laporte, but not because he was the cheaper alternative, but all round more fitting target. Same with Koulibaly/Dias etc.

If they see value in spending over 100m on a player, or two, they will. If they don't, they won't.

Khaldoon did say Aguero will be replaced, so I really think there will be a striker signing. But the usual will still apply.

That's my take on it.

Simple fact is we need to sell if we are genuinely pushing for Kane and Grealish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.