City's Gold Trophy

2 teams have gone unbeaten in a season. Only one has got 100 points.
A platinum trophy is required in my opinion.

I think some of us are getting a bit precious about ourselves now.
Why should we get a 'Gold Trophy'? We got the PL Trophy which sort of validates our performances over the course of the season.
I have no problem with Arsenal getting a trophy for going unbeaten all season as it is a truly magnificent achievement.
So magnificent even we couldn't do this year.
Credit where credit is due and lets try and stop coming up with these non existent perceived sleights on our performance.

When Brazil won their third world cup they were given the original Jules Rimet world cup trophy for keeps, since Italy and Germany have matched the feat but still have to hand the cup back. Sometimes symbolic recognition is only given to a historic first.

When Brazil won their third world cup they were given the original Jules Rimet world cup trophy for keeps, since Italy and Germany have matched the feat but still have to hand the cup back. Sometimes symbolic recognition is only given to a historic first.

Italy won 2 Jules Rimet trophies and 2 FIFA World Cup trophies.

Germany won 1 Jules Rimet trophy and 3 FIFA World Cup trophies. They should have kept it in 2014 when they bagged it for the 3rd time.

We should...sort of...have a new trophy for this tournament but obviously FIFA have no money. Erm.

Last edited:
Italy won 2 Jules Rimet trophies and 2 FUFA World Cup trophies.

Germany won 1 Jules Rimet trophy and 3 FIFA World Cup trophies. They should have kept it in 2014 when they bagged it for the 3rd time.

We should...sort of...have a new trophy for this tournament but obviously FIFA have no money. Erm.
I thought the chant was “two world wars and one World Cup...” not “two world wars and one Jules rimet...” :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.