City's New Badge - Do You Like It?

Like the new badge. Much simpler, more "City" to me than the eagle & stars, and looks great on gear.

Think it is bright, cheerful, positive, upbeat....a nice counterweight to Manchester and City fans in general! ;)

Yes much better, the eagle was bobbins and having the rose back on looks right

Last edited:
No reminds me of when we not very good, loose the rose and make the stripes white or gold.

It's perfect! Hated the eagle, so amateur looking. Delighted we've gone back to a round version, the kit looks great with this on. Well done City...

I'm used to it now and I don't think the badge is a massive deal to be honest when I really think about it. The overlap and change of orientation of the text does still look off sometimes and I still don't like the red rose, it's no longer relevant and contrary to popular belief the pre 70s badge(without a RED rose in sight and looks better in a lot of ways to me, more simplistic has FC on it too) should be considered THE original not what you grew up with.

The good thing is I think it suits different colour schemes much better than the beloved eagle badge, I bought the away kit and it looks pretty nifty in black and yellow.

Last edited:
I'm used to it now and I don't think the badge is a massive deal to be honest when I really think about it. The overlap and change of orientation of the text does still look off sometimes and I still don't like the red rose, it's no longer relevant and contrary to popular belief the pre 70s badge(without a rose in sight and looks better in a lot of ways to me) should be considered THE original not what you grew up with.

The good thing is I think it suits different colour schemes much better than the beloved eagle badge, I bought the away kit and it looks pretty nifty in black and yellow.
Disagree, this is the original.

s-l64.jpg

Haha, Jesus would like that one better too I think.
Regardless, it's the original badge used by the original incarnation of the club. If you want the first badge used after the re-branding to Manchester City Football Club it's the Manchester Coat of Arms. :)

Maybe we should call the pre-72 one the first exclusively MCFC badge? :)

Regardless, it's the original badge used by the original incarnation of the club. If you want the first badge used after the re-branding to Manchester City Football Club it's the Manchester Coat of Arms. :)

Maybe we should call the pre-72 one the first exclusively MCFC badge? :)
That's not really useable(it must have looked hideous on a shirt haha) lets sensible about it, you're right the whole "more original" point people state is kind of what I was driving at though(it doesn't really mean much)... btw the red rose is still pants. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.