City's New Kits - 2019/20

Not really I’m pretty sure back in the days of Bell, Lee etc that kit did exactly the same.

giphy.gif

rather admire Puma's technological feat of incorporating our history in such an extraordinary way. A vaguely sky blue shirt that turns laser blue the moment it meets moisture is some accomplishment.

If you knew our history you’d know past shirts were a lot darker than what we’ve mostly worn since the 80’s.

Put any sky blue shirt of the last 30 years up against the 68 shirt and there’s a huge difference.

That anniversary shirt is completely in keeping with our history.

If you knew our history you’d know past shirts were a lot darker than what we’ve mostly worn since the 80’s.

Put any sky blue shirt of the last 30 years up against the 68 shirt and there’s a huge difference.

Thought this for a while. We seem to have moved to a Lazio type blue whereas our blue should be a shade darker. That Anniversary shirt is perfect and we should use that shade of blue going forward.

pee off.

I guess there's the initial rate of sale - how many do we sell in the first (say) 5 days which must be a significant proportion of the overall total. Then there's the overall sales which I guess must drop off a cliff after Christmas - given kits only last about 9 or 10 months now - but we must record total sales including the ones sold off at 40 per cent discount in May and June. other factors like proximity of home games must also be a factor - we are weeks before we play at home this season but I'd guess some people go early that day and buy a shirt. From a personal perspective I haven't bought a football shirt in years but I'm amazed at the volume of people who do... certainly amongst matchday goers i'd estimate a third buy at least, one shirt in the first few weeks of the season.
Pretty sure with albums the “fastest selling album” was measured by how many it sold in its first week (Sunday to Saturday).

Be Here Now was the fastest selling album of all time. It was released on a Thursday and the monitoring period so it only had 3 days sales count and was still the fastest selling album ever.

Until Adele released 21, that sold more in its firs week, but had a full 7 day’s sales.

I assume City’s fastest selling kit means most sold in its first 7 days.

Thought this for a while. We seem to have moved to a Lazio type blue whereas our blue should be a shade darker. That Anniversary shirt is perfect and we should use that shade of blue going forward.
When we were first formed as Manchester City the blue was very light blue.

Yep!

I prefer the light blue over the 60s blue, though my first kits were in the 90s.

Anyway, most of the photo’s of the 60’s kits I’ve seen it’s always a grey/sepia colour!...[/QUOTE]

As I recall from my distant memory as a young kid our late '50s / early '60s shirts were a very light sky blue. When you see old photos (albeit in black & white) there wasn't a great difference between the blue of the shirt and the white 'V' trim. City's shade of blue has fluctuated with the passing decades. Personally I prefer the lighter blue shades, but each to their own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.