City's spending this summer.

NipHolmes

As we all know we have brought in Jovetic, Negredo, Fernandinho and Navas. A centre-back still to come in to replace Kolo. The press can't help but tell everyone we have spent 90m and my mates are giving me jip about buying the next title again.
I explain that our signings are to replace Tevez (10m) and Mario (20m) who were both on high wages and we are also upgrading on Barry who is expected to be sold or leave on a free next year. So much for us killing football, our whole spree has been trumped by Madrid buying a single player in Bale, whom have also bought Illarramendi, Isco, Casemiro and Carvajal. Their total spend has been close to £170-175m!!!

By the end of the window I think our spending will end up being trumped by Spurs who currently have spent £60m and are still trying to get Willian and/or Lamela.

Possibly Chelsea if they pull off Rooney and Willian as well as their signings already (Schurlle and Van Ginkel).

Lets hope a lurking journo grows a backbone when they spot this and report accordingly. City being slaughtered for investing into the team being criticised is solely based on the fact United are being asset stripped and their goings on should not have anything to do with us, they can spend as little or as much as they want and it's up to them. Meanwhile in Europe City are merely keeping up. Madrid, PSG and Monaco have hammered the market, treble winning Bayern with the best squad in football have spent £60m on two youngsters in Goetze and Thiago.

Bit of context hurt nobody.

[bigimg]http://smashmaterials.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Beautiful-Pigeon-Wallpapers-12.jpg[/bigimg]

Great post NH your logic is undeniable. It always makes me smile when pundits and opposition fans accuse us of buying the league. Next time someone accuses you of City buying the league just say "as opposed to?" They'll just stare at you with a blank expression.

Damocles said:
I seem to think that City spent under £20m net last year too.

Indeed but that wasn't reported, £55m was the figure drummed into articles.

-- Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:42 pm --

bluealf said:
Damocles said:
I seem to think that City spent under £20m net last year too.

That's why we came second.

We flew close to the sun and we tried to sell players but clubs weren't offering what we wanted. Tevez and Dzeko in particular.

We finished second for much more than that window....<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:43 pm --<br /><br />
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
You can't buy class Nip!!

You can buy world class though :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.