City's various academy teams

BringBackSwales

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news/2014/June/Mark-Allen-end-of-season-review-part-I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news ... iew-part-I</a>

Not sure how to do links so hope this works - maybe something that completely useless tosser greg dyke might want to read before he opens his big gob next time?

Brilliant article and journalism and correct in its content but has left me a tad confused as those with good memories may support. Whilst not winning anything since a new figurehead and his staff in the first 3 years or more ,the word winning was shyed away from and almost banished at the academy and some on here as "it's not about winning". Now we are back winning things again at junior level there is correct decoration of winning and unlucky to lose etc ? I am delighted we can talk about winning , developing and improving each season without covering up the first vital ingredient and we can move forward and hope we eventually and finally get a player in our first team as the elite celebration. Well Done all concerned for restoring past successes and values and hopefully no more losing seasons and comments like "winning isn't important". The above brilliant article shows and proves it is and despite its fickle and a touch hypocritical underbelly I salute your current work and reality exposure and honesty and hope for much more of the same from now on. Well done again all concerned. CTID and improve and win as much as we can!! Please

salfordpaul said:
Brilliant article and journalism and correct in its content but has left me a tad confused as those with good memories may support. Whilst not winning anything since a new figurehead and his staff in the first 3 years or more ,the word winning was shyed away from and almost banished at the academy and some on here as "it's not about winning". Now we are back winning things again at junior level there is correct decoration of winning and unlucky to lose etc ? I am delighted we can talk about winning , developing and improving each season without covering up the first vital ingredient and we can move forward and hope we eventually and finally get a player in our first team as the elite celebration. Well Done all concerned for restoring past successes and values and hopefully no more losing seasons and comments like "winning isn't important". The above brilliant article shows and proves it is and despite its fickle and a touch hypocritical underbelly I salute your current work and reality exposure and honesty and hope for much more of the same from now on. Well done again all concerned. CTID and improve and win as much as we can!! Please

Simple enough really. Winning= good publicity.

It doesn't matter a flying fuck really, but it sounds good & wards off the various people with agendas from sticking the knife in. You can put together teams to win stuff & do so without having one single player who will ever make it at any level. You can have a couple of big, fast, lads who the kids find difficult to stop, & blast everyone away.

Or you can concentrate on playing football, often promoting kids from a lower age group & teaching them to play football the right way. If you then get some team spirit & fight into them as well, & your teams start winning stuff playing that way, then shout it from the fucking rooftops, as you deserve it.

The main thing is the football though, & trying to get one player from that 11 who ends up in our first team & a few we can sell. The rest is just PR.

salfordpaul said:

Winning at that level isn't important. It isn't something that any young lad should worry about and all it does is brings in some publicity and can be used to counter arguments we are ruining football. At the younger age groups what is important is developing skills, touch, technique and then taking those basics and learning the 11 aside game and its tactics and formations. Combining that with fitness and strength leads to players that will be at the top of their game. Losing to a team of older lads or more physical players at that age doesn't matter. David Silva would have been kicked to shit aged 11 or 12 in this country, he would have watched the ball float over his head and get tapped in by some 6ft lad who can only play football if the ball is in the air. England has constantly produced players who have struggled with the basics. You look at Joleon Lescott, an England international who cannot pass the ball when under a bit of pressure. He probably cleaned up at youth level. We are looking to produce players much better than that. We want to produce the next David Silva, Iniesta, Ronaldo etc and you can see how few players who win youth tournaments domestically actually go on and do anything in the game.

Neville Kneville said:
salfordpaul said:

It doesn't matter a flying fuck really, but it sounds good & wards off the various people with agendas from sticking the knife in. You can put together teams to win stuff & do so without having one single player who will ever make it at any level. You can have a couple of big, fast, lads who the kids find difficult to stop, & blast everyone away.

Or you can concentrate on playing football, often promoting kids from a lower age group & teaching them to play football the right way. If you then get some team spirit & fight into them as well, & your teams start winning stuff playing that way, then shout it from the fucking rooftops, as you deserve it.

The main thing is the football though, & trying to get one player from that 11 who ends up in our first team & a few we can sell. The rest is just PR.
You nailed it there. You are my favorite poster by a mile.

This and only this said:
Neville Kneville said:
salfordpaul said:

Is this your second account Neville? haha ;)

spinzer said:
This and only this said:
Neville Kneville said:

No, I am me and no one else.

For the record spinzer, you are also a very good poster in that you actually know football beyond what you have read in the paper or seen on motd. Many, if not most of the posters on here's understanding of the game is planted firmly in the English football of the '80's.

This and only this said:
spinzer said:
This and only this said:
No, I am me and no one else.

For the record spinzer, you are also a very good poster in that you actually know football beyond what you have read in the paper or seen on motd. Many, if not most of the posters on here's understanding of the game is planted firmly in the English football of the '80's.
haha cheers lad, i was only kidding btw, hoping ol' Neville can take a joke or two ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.