CJ Egan-Riley joins Hibs on loan from Burnley (P 6)

i think it's particularly tough for young defenders to break into top teams. to state the obvious, lose the ball up front and its much less of a deal than it is as a defender. loans or sales with buyback clauses probably make sense from an experience point of view. but like i know anything.

Hate to say it but I don't see Doyle making it here, just not at the Elite level required. He's kind of the Eric Garcia type, decent but not exceptional. The future backbone pairing would probably be Mbete Bellis.
That’s an interesting take. After the season that Mbete had, I’d take Doyle over him. We’ll see how Mbete cracks on.

Like others have mentioned, it’s tough for defenders to make it. Mbete has a lot to work on…distribution especially.

If you’ve watched England u19s in the past few weeks (in the finals of the euros), Doyle has played some nice passes to the forwards that created chances. He’s played all the matches so far but only came off the bench once against Israel who they are playing tonight at 7 (finals).

Nonetheless, still want both lads to do well wherever they may end up.

Last edited:
The BBC is reporting this as a free transfer.

Even if this is £350,000 with another £450,000 in add- ons, this seems very cheap. I’ve only seen him play one full game and he looked like a good player to me.

Oh well, the guys that run our Club have proven themselves to be pretty good judges of talent so I’m happy to bow to their superior knowledge.

Edit : I’ve just learned that he was out of contract.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.