CJ Egan-Riley joins Hibs on loan from Burnley (P 6)

There's something wrong.
If CJ was out of contract per today and a free agent,
why do we talk about a sell-on fee? Is that a general rule in combination with compensation for academy players? Anyone?

EDIT:
Found this one from 2016:

"In deciding on a compensation figure, it is not uncommon for the PFCC to set fees that build as the player becomes more established at first team level. It has now become quite usual for clubs to receive a basic compensation fee with further payments becoming due on the player’s debut, following a certain numbers of first-team appearances and after international appearances. It is also usual for there to be a sell-on fee should the player be sold at a profit at any point in the future."

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

Last edited:
There's something wrong.
If CJ was out of contract per today and a free agent,
why do we talk about a sell-on fee? Is that a general rule in combination with compensation for academy players? Anyone?
We are due development compensation because he is moving to a club in the same country.
City and Burnley have agreed on a deal to avoid having to go to a tribunal.
If he went to a club overseas we would have got very little

The BBC is reporting this as a free transfer.

Even if this is £350,000 with another £450,000 in add- ons, this seems very cheap. I’ve only seen him play one full game and he looked like a good player to me.

Oh well, the guys that run our Club have proven themselves to be pretty good judges of talent so I’m happy to bow to their superior knowledge.

Edit : I’ve just learned that he was out of contract.
He was out of contract, so the clubs either have to agree a fee or it goes to a tribunal if they can’t.

The BBC is reporting this as a free transfer.

Even if this is £350,000 with another £450,000 in add- ons, this seems very cheap. I’ve only seen him play one full game and he looked like a good player to me.

Oh well, the guys that run our Club have proven themselves to be pretty good judges of talent so I’m happy to bow to their superior knowledge.

Edit : I’ve just learned that he was out of contract.
If he kicks on then the 30% sell-on will pay the pennies. Each deal will be different and I would hazard a guess it was done like this so that Burnley pay a relatively small amount now and know where they stand in terms of outgoings.

Kompany should take C Doyle on loan too and play a back 3 of City lads:

Doyle-THB-Riley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.