CL - Porto (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You owe it to yourself and your self respect as a football player to do the best you can in each game you play.

Yes you need talent and a game plan and be well marshalled but in the end you have to want it more than the opposition and that's what City have to strive for each time they take the field no matter who we send out in every competition we participate in.

As pep constantly stresses.

Hate the competition and the organisation that runs it. Would prefer to put out a lesser team and save the better players for the Hammers.

Nope. Just nope. I don't like it any more than you. I loathe that silly anthem, and I loathe the razzamatazz surrounding it. I particularly object to the asinine notion that the team that wins it is the 'best' team in Europe. But my feelings about it can be summed up by what the high altitude mountaineer Eric Shipton is supposed to have said about Everest — "For God's sake let's climb the bloody thing and then get back to real mountaineering".

Yes whether you like UEFA at all, or the Champions League music, etc, we can have no excuses for not putting in some better performances in the Champions League and hopefully win the thing!

I trust Pep more than any other manager in the world to make this happen, yes some of his decisions take some understanding (and he certainly doesn’t get everything right) but he’s working at a level beyond comprehension for most of us mortals.

I’d love to see us win it this season!

Nope. Just nope. I don't like it any more than you. I loathe that silly anthem, and I loathe the razzamatazz surrounding it. I particularly object to the asinine notion that the team that wins it is the 'best' team in Europe. But my feelings about it can be summed up by what the high altitude mountaineer Eric Shipton is supposed to have said about Everest — "For God's sake let's climb the bloody thing and then get back to real mountaineering".
Brilliant response, I have read a whole host of books about Everest and Shipton is one of my heros. Trying to climb that monster in hobnail boots and tweed jackets takes a lot of courage.

I think City will get off to a winning start tonight. You never know in football but if we play to our strengths I think we will have enough to win the game. I expect Pep will put his strongest team out.

I find it hard to get enthused by the group matches but hopefully it will be a decent game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.