CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

I agree with most of what you say there but for all their lacking big match mentality they do seem able to raise their game specifically against us at anfield. Hopefully this time we go there and our class tells.

That was my caveat mate. They can only do it for one-off games, the whole dynamic of this tie is a dilemma for Klopp, as they are a team of extremes, they have no happy medium.

That was my caveat mate. They can only do it for one-off games, the whole dynamic of this tie is a dilemma for Klopp, as they are a team of extremes, they have no happy medium.

And it is a really tough run of games for them as well as us. I know we press high up too but our press looks like it is so much more economical in terms of the energy required. Can they press like they did in the 4-3 and then sustain that for the second leg when they have Everton away in between? It is all about making sure we are bang in the tie at the end of that first leg essentially. Which is probably a ridiculously obvious thing to say.

The game st Anfield all their goals were individual errors combined with one also being a foul. The first goal we had chances to win the ball in midfield but didn't, then everyone backed off Chamberlain who thought he may as well shoot, Ederson could have done better too.

The second goal Stones has a chance to clear but doesn't. He then gets caught by pace and is fouled.

The third goal I think Gundogan first loses the ball, Otamendi does the same, nobody effectively closes Mane down who hits the usual worldy we concede there every season.

The fourth goal is down to Ederson but nine out of ten times that hit wouldn't be so accurate as to score.

That game we had too many below par players on the day. The whole defence, Gundogan was sloppy in possession and Aguero and Sterling anonymous. Fernandinho was poor too. Liverpool pressed us well and have quality in attack but we contributed to our own downfall that day.

This game we have to retain possession better and not take risks and dither at the back. Both Silva's have to start as they keep the ball well. We need Kompany and Otamendi as centre backs. If and it is a big if, we have Mendy back then Aguero and Jesus will probably start too. Sterling is a no for me he freezes away at the dippers.

Stating the obvious it's a bloody difficult game for us because our style suits Liverpool and gives them space and chances. It is impossible to call this one. It could be anything it really could, well apart from a 0-0!

I genuinely don't think it is about buying into media bollocks. I totally take on board your points about the 4-3 defeat but I suspect the reason some blues are not as confident as they perhaps should be is our record there. That is reality not media spin. You say it was just one of those days but the problem is it is usually just one of those days when we play at anfield. We have had a better team than them for about 8 years now and our record there is still really poor. I absolutely know we have a significantly better team than them currently but I still don't share your optimism about us beating them comfortably. I think this is 50/50 and like Bert I am worried that we could have a mountain to climb in that second leg.

I totally understand your point about our recent record but I'm not overly concerned about it, personally. I genuinely believe in the mental toughness of this set of players. I don't think a noisy stadium bothers them in the slightest, and I look at it another way: we are well overdue some luck and/or a good performance at Anfield. Without lapsing into cliché, we are better than them in every department and two legs reduces the chance of a freak result.

Relax. It's going to be glorious ;-)

Sterling bottles anfield. The guy will become a world beater once he gets over this psychological hoodoo.

The hatred at that place is just too much for some souls. It's only about individual personality if you can handle such a situation. Most people (and myself) would "bottle" it and only few are born to fight against a whole ground and even get to top form. Everybody could name some of those.

We have an alternative in Bernardo. I really hope Pep can resist the obligatory "He has to go out and overcome that" stuff.
If we want to beat Anfield we need every single bit to fit in perfectly.

Bernardo would even be better for his ball controll under pressure, which will be key in that match.
Bernardo has also scored there in January.

Raz can play Goodison, the title derby and 2nd leg - including fierce home support.

Bar 9 minutes of us unusally being awful, then battling back and only just missing out on an equalliser, if that game had carried on other 10 mins we would have drawn imho.

but results are results, we lost and so were the not the better team on the day, but they were hardly anything special or even the best team we have faced.

At our place we went a goal up, and yes salah had the beating of the otter at times, but we were never out of control before the sending off, and Klopp bottled it and conceded defeat by half time, we roundly beat them on and off the pitch.

If we go a goal up at anfield the ****s won't know how to react, and even if we go behind I firmly believe we will score the necessary away gaol(s).

Bar 9 minutes of us unusally being awful, then battling back and only just missing out on an equalliser, if that game had carried on other 10 mins we would have drawn imho.

but results are results, we lost and so were the not the better team on the day, but they were hardly anything special or even the best team we have faced.

At our place we went a goal up, and yes salah had the beating of the otter at times, but we were never out of control before the sending off, and Klopp bottled it and conceded defeat by half time, we roundly beat them on and off the pitch.

If we go a goal up at anfield the ****s won't know how to react, and even if we go behind I firmly believe we will score the necessary away gaol(s).

We'd have won it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.