Cladding in privately owned residential blocks

Richard

I live and own a city centre flat and have just been asked to stump up £15,000 for the replacement of the cladding, which doesn't pass fire inspection tests.

Is there anyone on here who has any advice in terms of where I stand legally? The original construction firm dissolved in 2014 and the government are seemingly only providing support for government owned blocks.

£15,000. Christ.

Risk of owning within an apartment block, they can also hit you for basically anything the fire report says needs to be done, its usually emergency lighting and fire doors the cladding is a consequence of Grenfell tower.
The builders going bump after completion is not usual, a nice dodge to not have to honour the guarantees. Think two or three have recently done exactly this on buildings completed in town, either that or they build them via shell company and just dissolve it after its signed off.
The building should have a management company they will handle the accounts asked them what's in the account from your service charges.

Seems like being a freeholder is a way of getting all the benefits of being a landlord without having any of the responsibilities. What a fucking con. There are companies now selling individual houses on a leasehold and selling the freehold to big investment firms who then massively increase the ground rent every year.

I live and own a city centre flat and have just been asked to stump up £15,000 for the replacement of the cladding, which doesn't pass fire inspection tests.

Is there anyone on here who has any advice in terms of where I stand legally? The original construction firm dissolved in 2014 and the government are seemingly only providing support for government owned blocks.

£15,000. Christ.

If you live in the one in green quarter you will be ok. Bovis will sort it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.