Clapping ban...

york away to this!

Manchester uni students union have banned clapping at events, as it may be upsetting for students with autism, deafness or other needs.
Apparently folk should wave something to show their appreciation instead.

I for one applaud this sensible move.

This is pretty near in the same category as trying to prevent children putting up their hands to answer a question. Instead of having the means of appreciation at the ends of yer arms you are to carry a flag about. To all those MANUni students: I've got a fair selection of City flags you could wave. But I suppose you could just wave yer arms about without actually clapping them. Arthur will have a gif so we can all see some group waving their arms in appreciation. Come on, Arthur - I'm timing yer - it's 7:36!

Manchester uni students union have banned clapping at events, as it may be upsetting for students with autism, deafness or other needs.
Apparently folk should wave something to show their appreciation instead.

I for one applaud this sensible move.
Surely this discriminates again blind people, someone could have made a churchillian style speech and think its shit due to the zero reaction.

As long as they leave me the option of shouting

“Answer the question you fucking twat.”

Or

“Pull the other one you ****.”

Or my absolute fav

“Sit down you thick bastard, or I’ll take you to the fucking cleaners.”

Then I don’t have a problem.

One more thing. Saying it’s “PC gone mad,” is more annoying and cliched/naff than actual PC going mad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.