Clarkie Definition

CelesteItis said:
Being Manc me fourth language, can anybody, kindly, explain us what the fuck is a clarkie?

Its etymology or origins and evolution, will be very much appreciated.

when someone creates a humour-us but fake situation, and someone believes it to be true (hook line & sinker)

originally a poster called Clarke fell into this trap.............hence - Clarkie

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=169151" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=169151</a>

That'll (sort of) give you some idea of the origins of the "Clarkie". Page 3 has the original post which the member called Clarkie NI replied to (the reply is also on that page). Basically, to be "Clarkied" is to be kidded into thinking something that is obviously not true is in fact genuine.

jimharri said:
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=169151

That'll (sort of) give you some idea of the origins of the "Clarkie". Page 3 has the original post which the member called Clarkie NI replied to (the reply is also on that page). Basically, to be "Clarkied" is to be kidded into thinking something that is obviously not true is in fact genuine.

What you missed is that for a real "Clarkie" to happen, the person who is "Clarkied" has a proper rant and it's different to a poster who's on a "fishing" expedition and catches a few out with a wind up

There is also the "Reverse Clarkie" which is Bluemoon's equivalent of a Doosra

shadygiz said:
don't forget the "reverse clarkie" too

this is when the person who thinks he is setting up a clarkie on someone, actually ends up being the one who is clarkied

I'm looking forward to the Double Reverse Clarkie with a Lemon Twist.

chabal said:
shadygiz said:
don't forget the "reverse clarkie" too

this is when the person who thinks he is setting up a clarkie on someone, actually ends up being the one who is clarkied

I'm looking forward to the Double Reverse Clarkie with a Lemon Twist.
I alway's thought that this was with a twist of lemon and not a lemon twist tbh, but which ever way you serve it, it's gold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.