Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

For those delving into later Yes ...

Looks tasty cheers - any idea what the shipping/postal costs are pal?
… (it says free over £20 but this is under)

A to Z of Classic Rock.
The Letter I

Only one band really in the mix for me and that is Cumbria’s finest It Bites.
They first appeared like a breath of fresh air with their prog leaning pop songs. Then their second album Once around the World exploded the myth they were a boy band with instruments. The title track of this second album is wonderful.
Francis Dunnery was superb and i also love the two John Mitchell led later releases.

also a nod to Iron Maiden although I only own Number of the Beast.

Iron Butterfly
Iced Earth
Indigo Girl
Inxs
IQ
Jason Isbell and the 400 unit
best newish songwriter out there
every albums a gem

INXS are in my top 5 artists of all time. I think all of their albums between 1985 and 1993 are excellent, including the underrated Welcome to Wherever You Are (1992).

I saw them live 3 times - twice on the X tour and once at the Academy in Manchester in 1993, when they did a tour of smaller venues. Clearly Michael Hutchence was the focus, but as a band they were fantastic live and every member was part of a very strong line-up.

A to Z of Classic Rock
The letter J

Do we go by surname or Christian name ?

Genuinely can’t call this one between Journey and Judas Priest. Ok grow a pair and it’s the latter for me. Purely for the excellent Unleashed in the East.I do Love the Escape album by the former especially the brilliant title track.

J Geils Band
JJ Cale
Jackson Browne
Jadis
Jane’s Addiction
Janis Joplin
Jean Michelle Jarre
Jeff Beck
Jeff Buckley
Jefferson Airplane/Starship
Jethro Tull
Joan Jett
Joe Bonamassa
Joe Satriani
John Farnham
John Mellencamp
John Parr
Joni Mitchell
Jon and Vangelis
Judie Tzuke
Jesus and Mary Chain

I am a big fan of Journey and Priest but Jethro Tull are my top pick when it comes to J's; especially as we live a few miles from where the actual J Tull is from. Ian Anderson's mansion is probably only 10 to 15 miles away.

J.Geils Band
Jagger, Mick
James Gang
Japan
Jarre, Jean-Miche
Jayhawks
Jefferson Starship
Jet
Jetboy
Jethro Tull
Jett, Joan
Jo Jo Gunne
Joel, Billy
John, Elton
Jon And Vangelis
Journey
Judas Priest

A to Z of Classic Rock
The Letter K

Kiss
King Crimson
Knight Area
Kansas
Kate Bush
Kill switch Engage
Kings X
Kings of Leon
Korn
Kraftwerk
The Kinks

@OB1 will provide a full list :-)

Only recently got into Kansas (excluding hearing Carry on Wayward Son many times) and love The Absence of Presence album. Lots of key changes, great keyboards etc.
Hmm what do I say about Kate Bush other than a beautiful, uniquely talented brilliant singer/songwriter. The Man with a Child in his eyes remains an all time classic showing off her incredible talent.

On the negative I bought an album by Knight Area. The musicians are good but the vocalist and lyrics are very cumbersome.

oh and I never got King Crinson either.

A to Z of Classic Rock
The Letter K

Kiss
King Crimson
Knight Area
Kansas
Kate Bush
Kill switch Engage
Kings X
Kings of Leon
Korn
Kraftwerk
The Kinks

@OB1 will provide a full list :-)

Only recently got into Kansas (excluding hearing Carry on Wayward Son many times) and love The Absence of Presence album. Lots of key changes, great keyboards etc.
Hmm what do I say about Kate Bush other than a beautiful, uniquely talented brilliant singer/songwriter. The Man with a Child in his eyes remains an all time classic showing off her incredible talent.

On the negative I bought an album by Knight Area. The musicians are good but the vocalist and lyrics are very cumbersome.

oh and I never got King Crinson either.
Only recently ito Kansas myself Abscence of Prescence is a great album, though of the two recent ones think I slightly prefer Prelude Implicit. either way both great examples of how new enthusiastic members of a classic band has given them an injection of life and sound closer to classic Kansas than many albums under the Kansas name with more original members involved.
P.S You need to visit your local record store where you will find Kate Bush in the B section and not next to Kansas in the Ks :)

Only recently ito Kansas myself Abscence of Prescence is a great album, though of the two recent ones think I slightly prefer Prelude Implicit. either way both great examples of how new enthusiastic members of a classic band has given them an injection of life and sound closer to classic Kansas than many albums under the Kansas name with more original members involved.
P.S You need to visit your local record store where you will find Kate Bush in the B section and not next to Kansas in the Ks :)
Ha yes BP when I look up the -A to Z every week they list them by Christian name and it confuses the bejesus out of me.:-)
Local record store ! Lol
Yes I’ll be investing more in recent Kansas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.