Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

I love her self-titled 1996 album and The Globe Sessions from 1998. Saw her at the MEN arena in 1997 - a weird setup where it was half the arena with a curtain across the middle.

I saw Sheryl in 1999 at Wembley Arena, pretty sure it was a full house, and later in year at the Stadium supporting The Rolling Stones.

Stopped buying her albums after first few but go some of her more recent ones not so long ago and they are good. I like her voice and she still makes music that sounds like it could have been made years ago.

C's from my collection:

calexico

cactus

cain, tane

cale, j.j.

camel

candy

canned heat

caravan

the cars

cetera, peter

channel

cheap trick

chequered past

chicago

chickenfoot

chilliwack

cinderella

clapton, eric

clarke, gilby

clash, the

cocker, joe

cold chisel

colosseum II

coney hatch

cooder, ry

cooper, alice

counting crows

coverdale page

cream

credence clearwater revival

creed

crosby stills nash & young

the cult
@OB1 I know you have this in your collection.

And where are The Cranberries?

A to Z of Classic Rock
The letter D

a really tough one this.
First up is Def Leppard - I saw them live during their peak years and they were brilliant. The hit single Photograph will always be in my Top Fifty and the Pyromania album still lives on vinyl.

Dream Theater I own a few CDs and love Images and Words and Octovarium. Mike Portnoy is an amazing drummer but I’m not so keen on Le Brie and Ruddess. At - their best amazing but some stuff seems mechanical and soulless. The new track The Alien sounds good.

Deep Purple - brilliant musicians and why I never got into them I don’t honestly know.

Diamond Head were the next big hope at one time. I think I’ve still got Borrowed Time and Canterbury on vinyl.

Dio - superb vocalist and Holy Diver is a classic track.

I can’t decide between DT and Leppard for top D.

others include Dan Reed Network (seen them live) , Dokken, Doors, Deftones , Dare, Danzig, Darkness.

Dare, The Doors and Dan Reed Network for me (but the latter should probably be under “R”). Seen both Dare and Dan Reed live - both excellent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.