Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

My first memory of Genesis was buying the cut price Genesis Live vinyl.
I love Watcher of the Skies and Return of the Giant Hogweed.
I also love Selling England album bought bought a Greatest Hits CD to cover the commercial years.

IIRC, Collins was only prepared to do this reunion if Nic Collins had the drum seat so dear old Chester was not invited to the party. Nic is well up it so keeping it in the family works.

I am going to see Hackett for the first time next month...
Apparently, Collins and Chester had a pretty nasty falling out in 2010, over Collins accusing Chester of being unprepared/unprofessional for his 2010 "Going Back" Motown tour. Chester told Collins some home truths over PC's drift into alcoholism. 30+ years of them being inseparable, gone. Shame.
Chester's non appearance in this tour, is one of the reasons I'm not going, along with price and Collins' obvious issues. I hope whoever goes enjoys it. A mate, who's never seen them before (and his brother in law) are going tonight. I'll wish them well . I've seen them 6 times from 82 (when I was 13) onwards. I have great memories. There's 10% of me that STILL believes that Banks and Rutherford will reunite with Gabriel and Hackett (plus a drummer...don't forget, Chester is 4 years older than BCGHR). I can live in hope.

You will NOT be disappointed with Mr Hackett. Liverpool, 2 weeks ago, was fantastic

Last edited:
Apparently, Collins and Chester had a pretty nasty falling out in 2010, over Collins accusing Chester of being unprepared/unprofessional for his 2010 "Going Back" Motown tour. Chester told Collins some home truths over PC's drift into alcoholism. 30+ years of them being inseparable, gone. Shame.
Chester's non appearance in this tour, is one of the reasons I'm not going, along with price and Collins' obvious issues. I hope whoever goes enjoys it. A mate, who's never seen them before (and his brother in law) are going tonight. I'll wish them well . I've seen them 6 times from 82 (when I was 13) onwards. I have great memories. There's 10% of me that STILL believes that Banks and Rutherford will reunite with Gabriel and Hackett (plus a drummer...don't forget, Chester is 4 years older than BCGHR). I can live in hope.

You will NOT be disappointed with Mr Hackett. Liverpool, 2 weeks ago, was fantastic

I didn't know about the fall out; that's a pity for sure.

I think Monday's gig is going to end up quite high on my favourite gigs list, which given I have just over 1,000 performances listed on Setlist.fm equates to a fair few concerts. I absolutely adore a good light show, and this was one of the best I've witnessed, plus this was such an emotional event in various ways.

I'm very much looking forward to Hackett.

I don't know if a reunion of some sort the Gabriel and Hackett is likely but surely a final gig or two for Genesis at somewhere like Wembley stadium with the five plus a drummer would be appropriate. If the response on Monday is anything to go by, they could go out in epic style.

Sorry to interrupt the Genesis talk, and I know we’ve passed “C”, but Am I the only one who missed the fact that Counting Crows released their first new music in 7 years back in May? Only found out this week.

Butter Miracle Suite One is a 4-song EP where the songs all run into each other. A decent effort too, much better than their last album.

Sorry to interrupt the Genesis talk, and I know we’ve passed “C”, but Am I the only one who missed the fact that Counting Crows released their first new music in 7 years back in May? Only found out this week.

Butter Miracle Suite One is a 4-song EP where the songs all run into each other. A decent effort too, much better than their last album.
August and everything after was a great album for sure. I went through a couple of years when they and Hootie and the Blowfish were high on my playlist.

I didn't know about the fall out; that's a pity for sure.

I think Monday's gig is going to end up quite high on my favourite gigs list, which given I have just over 1,000 performances listed on Setlist.fm equates to a fair few concerts. I absolutely adore a good light show, and this was one of the best I've witnessed, plus this was such an emotional event in various ways.

I'm very much looking forward to Hackett.

I don't know if a reunion of some sort the Gabriel and Hackett is likely but surely a final gig or two for Genesis at somewhere like Wembley stadium with the five plus a drummer would be appropriate. If the response on Monday is anything to go by, they could go out in epic style.
Will be going to the O2 in October-the nostalgia will be immense, having 1st seen Genesis at the NEC in 1981 on the Abacab tour.
I was the only one in our 6th form to get a ticket it was so popular.
It at was one of the concerts attended by Charles and Di.
I remember cycling to Stockport bus station to get the coach and then home at god knows what hour when we got back.

Amazing concert and my 1st big one and I will never forget.
I think the ticket was about £5.!

really looking forward to it and going over the old albums now on Tidal/master quality.

August and everything after was a great album for sure. I went through a couple of years when they and Hootie and the Blowfish were high on my playlist.

Yeah, I've seen both those bands live and have their early albums.

CC had more staying power for sure but both dropped off my watch list. Be interested to hear the new material though.

I'm not sure why Diamond Head didn't become huge like Priest or Maiden I seem to remember they all were around at the same time.

Priest were well established before DH and Maiden. My friends and I used to call early Maiden a poor man's Judas Priest.

DH were perhaps too much of a Led Clone and maybe needed a better rhythm section to back up Sean and Tat. They did look destined for bigger things though.

Was at that Hackett gig too - how good?!
Thanks for that Collins/Thompson insight btw, all new me that - but highly believable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.