Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

Spent the last 4 days driving round the Lakes listening to REO Speedwagon. Jesus some of their stuff is actually bloody brilliant.
Love the solo on Back On The Road Again which I hoped you found appropriate driving round the Lakes. Always thought they were a bit underrated

aaron, lee

ac/dc

adams, bryan

adams, ryan

aerosmith

aldo nova

alice in chains

allman betts band, the

allman brothers

allman, greg

alpha centuri

ambrosia

america

anderson, ian

angel

animals, the

aphrodite's child

april wine

argent

artful dodger

asia

atlanta rhythm section

audioslave

autograph

aviary

axe

axis
Alice Cooper?
Anthrax?

I wish real musicians would take music back from the shit it is today.
In fairness, there probably is real music or musicianship out there and the charts shit was always a contrast to what might have been considered serious music.
But my young lad listens to tons of stuff that probably falls into my definition of the shit category, but his generation regard it as serious.

When you actually listen to the subject matter, it is serious stuff. I just don’t like it. Other stuff he listens to I can take to. I always preferred guitar over electronics but I can take a bit of that too.

He listens to a lot of stuff from every era. He puts pretty cool playlists together based on stuff he’s heard in films etc. and quite often is surprised when I tell him what year it’s from.
Last family weekend away we had his playlist on in the car for the journeys there and back and there was everything in there from 60’s up to present and it was brilliant.

The charts weren't always a contrast.
Not heard much musicianship myself recently. Lots of sampling and voice correction..
Won’t argue with that.
Certainly not on TV or radio.

I’d say it really depends on what kind of music you are into.
I can think of a load of people I listen to now that aren’t necessarily in a rock category that I would regard as genuinely talented, either vocally or musically and song writing too.

It’s how my taste has matured/changed/widened… take your pick.

I’m sure others in here could probably point you in the direction of newer rock musicianship

Spent the last 4 days driving round the Lakes listening to REO Speedwagon. Jesus some of their stuff is actually bloody brilliant.
Their 1980 album is a classic, and their undoubted high point, and they’ve one or two other gems dotted around too.
Saw them at the Apollo in what must be 86/87 ish and it still ranks as one of my top 5 most enjoyable concerts ever. Their UK visits in their prime were so rare, I’m so chuffed I got chance to see that gig.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.