Clattenburg, the FA & Adebayor - proof that the system is bent

The Rooney one he was never going to get away with, not for the image of the Premier League, Sky and sponsors.

Having a high profile player yell "fuck you" down a live television camera around the world to millions isn't good for any brand. Neither is being seen to do nothing, especially with children being an audience for football. It's not part of the game.

And yet being seen regularly swearing at referees regularly is acceptable behaviour ? He does it every time United get an unfavourable decision, and plenty of children watch him doing it, and yet he doesn't get sent off or carded for it every time.

Correct they should but this isn't anti city. I love city and aguero but the facts are he should have been sent off. I was at the game and didn't see it to be honest but intent was there. Is Marriner inept? Of course he is. But this isn't anti city. If it was surely he would have been sent off at the time. If aguero hadnt attempted to elbow Reid, and I do think he pulled out at the end, it would have been irrelevant.

I didn't comment on the Aguero action , I was speaking about inept / incompetent referees

The only ref who I've thought has been on our side over the years is Mike dean.

Agreed.
He was the first/only one I can recall standing up to the antics of ferguson and not being intimidated by them in his decision making

The Rooney one he was never going to get away with, not for the image of the Premier League, Sky and sponsors.

Having a high profile player yell "fuck you" down a live television camera around the world to millions isn't good for any brand. Neither is being seen to do nothing, especially with children being an audience for football. It's not part of the game.

I agree but that's my point. If it was corrupt just against city, they could do what they wanted. They could have held a special hearing after the semi and then banned him had they wanted to.

Refs are poor unfortunately but I also think Aguero should have been sent off for that and the fact he wasn't actually helped us rather than hindered us.

That Newcastle goal disallowed the other season. I thought that was harsh on them yet people will argue that it was a good decision.

In every game we play, people are screaming nailed on penalties when not given. Every fan of every club will be the same. If every pen we scream for had been given last season we would have had over 100 penalties!

why's a rag jumping to our defense? Don't like it, he won countless trophies because of the sort of thing he's now criticising.

Why doesn't he own up to the rest of it, eh...

It would probably take too long - at least he has had the balls to say something now .

And yet being seen regularly swearing at referees regularly is acceptable behaviour ? He does it every time United get an unfavourable decision, and plenty of children watch him doing it, and yet he doesn't get sent off or carded for it every time.

It's a bit different. Most players get away with swearing in frustration at the referee but looking down a camera and yelling an unprovoked "fuck you" essentially to a live to audience isn't really going to be ignored, as it proved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.