Clattenburg to move to Saudi Arabia

What has happened in Italy nearly a decade ago surely shows that this has gone on before. The Premier league is a huge gravy train but more and more people are switching off from watching with noticible 'brands' currently failing and needing a helping hand.

If the shit storm happens and something is uncovered I wonder what will happen with the penalties imposed on the guilty parties? Or will the FA even have the balls to do it as they all seem to be in cahoots together with certain board members of clubs holding dual roles on the FA.

What has happened in Italy nearly a decade ago surely shows that this has gone on before. The Premier league is a huge gravy train but more and more people are switching off from watching with noticible 'brands' currently failing and needing a helping hand.

If the shit storm happens and something is uncovered I wonder what will happen with the penalties imposed on the guilty parties? Or will the FA even have the balls to do it as they all seem to be in cahoots together with certain board members of clubs holding dual roles on the FA.

I think we can all probably guess the answer here .

Maybe they're going for the money, nothing wrong in that.

If that's the case then get rid of all the celebrity refs and replace them with proper officials who'll run a match properly than want to be the star of the show.

It's not just the ref on the pitch tho it's the ref in the stand that needs looking into as well, he is the one that seems to be making all the big decisions in recent months the ref on the pitch just does there bidding thru the earpiece.i did a little research into the system that's used and I think you can have up to 12/13 units on the encrypted network that's used at a game so apart from the fourth official who else could be potentially listening and commentating on decisions made ?

The FA will do their damnedest to cover it up. In fact they have already done so in the past, with Walton being shuffled off to the states.
It isn't in anyones interest to have it all come out in the open. Serie A still hasn't fully recovered from the their scandal and I think the Prems is potentially much bigger. If it all did come out, match fixing, bent refs, and an FA who actively promote and favour certain teams to such an extent that they are officiated differently. Sponsors would vanish, tv money would dry up, and for some clubs it could actually mean bankruptcy. City are one of the few clubs who could afford to ride out such a storm. I can't see any club in the Prem wanting it made public, even if they were on the wrong end of most of the bent refs. It just wouldn't be in their interests, and that is part of the problem. No one wants to kill the goose that is laying the golden eggs.

The FA will do their damnedest to cover it up. In fact they have already done so in the past, with Walton being shuffled off to the states.
It isn't in anyones interest to have it all come out in the open. Serie A still hasn't fully recovered from the their scandal and I think the Prems is potentially much bigger. If it all did come out, match fixing, bent refs, and an FA who actively promote and favour certain teams to such an extent that they are officiated differently. Sponsors would vanish, tv money would dry up, and for some clubs it could actually mean bankruptcy. City are one of the few clubs who could afford to ride out such a storm. I can't see any club in the Prem wanting it made public, even if they were on the wrong end of most of the bent refs. It just wouldn't be in their interests, and that is part of the problem. No one wants to kill the goose that is laying the golden eggs.
Exactly this,it's easier to get rid of dodgy refs on the quiet

Think some referees are looking at leaving are money and Mike "the ****" Riley being the main one! A puppet to the "history" clubs.

I don't look on them as dodgy refs more refs who's usfullness has come to an end and need to be removed and silenced !!!

Portugal did a cracking job sweeping their match fixing scandal under the rug. Even despite referees confessing (including a video made as backup in case the referee was murdered), police wiretaps involving chairmen talking about sending hookers to refs and all manner of other evidence, they threw out all the evidence and overturned the convictions on appeal and then just pretended it never happened. All the teams relegated were allowed back up and the real beneficiaries, Mourinho's Porto, who were only ever given a points deduction so small they still won the league, had the points deduction later overturned to just to take the piss.

Never doubt the lengths people in all levels of power will go to to keep this stuff quiet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.