Claude

Shame. Was the only guy on aftv that actually seemed genuine and wasn't just a dancing pony for the cameras looking for attention. Could tell he cared, his rants were the type you saw on coaches back from away games up and down the country.

Not sure I agree with this blaming social media stuff though, just to be clear, twitter is a cesspit at its absolute best but I don't think that quite mild tweet has sent him over the edge, he's very clearly had a long standing battle with depression, the social media trolls aren't going to help that and they are a problem in society but I don't think it's right to lay the blame for this on them.

thats likely a very small portion of the issues he had been dealing with. People don't generally end it suddenly, it's likely been a slow painful build up over a long time that's eventually worn him down and that nobhead with the tweet has just picked the wrong day. Maybe more could have been done to help him but not everybody is save able or wants help.

in the video above he's said how arsenal kept him going so perhaps the aftv personality thing actually gave him a purpose these last few years and kept him alive years beyond what would have happened without it.

Rip to a proper football fan.

too much hate in the world, social media has made it x10 worse

the abuse on Meghan is off the scale, and then it goes to pretty much anyone in the limelight - abuse shouldn't be justified just because someone is famous
The problem is people attaching too much importance to social media and what strangers think.
Social media posters also need a reality check.

Twitter is one of the worst things to happen to Society.

All of social media can be be horrible but whereas missing pets and community groups can be used for good on Facebook and Instagram can be used for good content, what has Twitter ever done that is good?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.