Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say this and I think everyone can agree.

Take Joe and whats going on there right out of the equation. If Bravo chooses to leave Barcelona(yes, leaiving Barcelona in his prime) for us, he deserves our 100% fully support.

It wasnt him who opted to sell Joe, so he shouldnt be treated like it if he happens to mis-kick a ball or not stop a decent shot.

If he's one of us, he's one of us and lets be sure to stop folk holding him accountable for Joe.

Agree 100%

Take Joe and whats going on there right out of the equation. If Bravo chooses to leave Barcelona(yes, leaiving Barcelona in his prime) for us, he deserves our 100% fully support.

It wasnt him who opted to sell Joe, so he shouldnt be treated like it if he happens to mis-kick a ball or not stop a decent shot.

If he's one of us, he's one of us and lets be sure to stop folk holding him accountable for Joe.

Far too sensible a post for some on here imo.

Dont really think much of the he is too short argument. Loris is the same height as him. Also what if he can jump better than Joe or other PL keepers, negates the height completely.

If the goalkeeper had to only stand and make a save withou moving height would be a factor but there dozens other things that matter including reach/leap, reaction etc

And its very weird with the meh reaction to him because of his age and fee because currently he is one of the top 5 keepers in the world. For fucks sake he plays for Barcelona not Crystal Palace.

I'm going to sound like Grandad in Only Fools and Horses (During the Woaar...) but when I first started watching City Harry Dowd was in goal. Seem to remember he was about 5 foot 6, or maybe that's just my memory, and anyway, it has nothing to do with Claudio Bravo. Time for my tablets I think.....

I'm going to sound like Grandad in Only Fools and Horses (During the Woaar...) but when I first started watching City Harry Dowd was in goal. Seem to remember he was about 5 foot 6, or maybe that's just my memory, and anyway, it has nothing to do with Claudio Bravo. Time for my tablets I think.....
If I remember correctly he was small and rather squat. Or maybe he used to wear a baggy jumper.

Too add to this, he's clearly Barca's best keeper and a huge fan favorite. From reading the responses of Barca fans they are saying Ter Stegan had big shoes to fill, there's also some skepticism about his step up to full time # 1 and in a perfect world they would love to keep both GK. Hell even Luis Enrique isn't ready to give Bravo up so fast or he couple easily put in his 3rd keeper or one from the academy for just 1 game.

Whilst I'm personally not convinced on Bravo he will get my full support. Just as Willy does.
Sadly we do have a lot of told you so fans especially on here.
The moment he drops a high ball or makes an error any keeper could make, the told you so boys will be out.
Thankfully, Pep is making the calls so that will give new players more time than ever before. But Hart is a big fan favourite.
It won't take too many mistakes before the 'I told you so gang' rear their head. They're currently lurking in the Sterling and Kolarov threads waiting to pounce.

Watching Saturday, at 1-0 up and at 1-1 all fans round me were shouting plenty of nonsense so it's not confined to here.
"Get rid", "stop mucking about" "get fucking stuck in". In all honesty it wasn't much difference to last season.

However I do feel there are quite a few who won't appreciate Pep's football in 128-130 Colin Bell lower judging by Saturday any way.

But Mr Bravo will get my full support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.