Claudio Gomes

Hopefully, character-building though it depends on his mindset of course.
Since I wrote that in February, Barnsley have won 4, drawn 3, and lost 4, which is a remarkable turnaround on their early season form. Gomes has featured heavily in those games so should be strengthened by the experience.

Since I wrote that in February, Barnsley have won 4, drawn 3, and lost 4, which is a remarkable turnaround on their early season form. Gomes has featured heavily in those games so should be strengthened by the experience.
He looks a real find; sound technically, strong in the tackle and with an ability to see a pass. Puts me in mind of Kante. However, there's a world of difference between the standard in the Championship and that of the top flight. The elephant in the room, of course, is whether City are truly committed to bringing these gifted young players through so that they're tested in the first team. Time will tell. Otherwise, following a heavy defeat against Millwall at the weekend, his loan club are now eight points adrift of safety and look destined for relegation.

Last edited:
He looks a real find; sound technically, strong in the tackle and with an ability to see a pass. Puts me in mind of Kante. However, there's a world of difference between the standard in the Championship and that of the top flight. The elephant in the room, of course, is whether City are truly committed to bringing these gifted young players through so that they're tested in the first team. Time will tell. Otherwise, following a heavy defeat against Millwall at the weekend, his loan club are now eight points adrift of safety and look destined for relegation.

I think Kante, Vardy & Mahrez won the Championship & the Premiership together.

30 games, 27 starts. Hell of an improvement over the PSV Loan regardless. Glad hes a bit more settled and making noise.

Glad he is doing well in the championship but he’ll never play for City, as someone said earlier, couple of million with a sell on more likely

Where do you think he'll end up next season ? Another loan to Championship, possibly to a team higher up ?
Rather difficult to say. I’m not convinced that players necessarily develop by repeating their experiences, so a year in the Championship might have been enough for him already. It will have helped him develop physically and toughened him up, but he arguably needs to play at a higher technical level now, which is why I think maybe Troyes might be a better fit, should they stay up. That said, with just over a year left on his contract, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we looked to sell him this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.