Claudio Gomes

Rather difficult to say. I’m not convinced that players necessarily develop by repeating their experiences, so a year in the Championship might have been enough for him already. It will have helped him develop physically and toughened him up, but he arguably needs to play at a higher technical level now, which is why I think maybe Troyes might be a better fit, should they stay up. That said, with just over a year left on his contract, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we looked to sell him this summer.
But Troyes will at best provide another relegation fire fighting experience, in a league of similar quality ? I'd like to see him play for a team that's fighting for promotion next season, much like THB would've at Blackburn rather than his I'll fated loan to Anderlecht.
On a separate note, thank you for your updates on loanees :)

But Troyes will at best provide another relegation fire fighting experience, in a league of similar quality ? I'd like to see him play for a team that's fighting for promotion next season, much like THB would've at Blackburn rather than his I'll fated loan to Anderlecht.
On a separate note, thank you for your updates on loanees :)
You’re welcome.

That’s a good point, though Troyes are in their first season back in Ligue 1, and if they do manage to avoid the drop, they should be looking to push on next season. The Championship is an excellent place to beef up younger players but for me Ligue 1 is technically better and would pose different challenges. We also sent Sandler and Roberts there, both of whom were in the last year of their contracts, so I could see him going if we don’t sell and he wants to run his contract down.

The problem with having players at Championship clubs is that we seem to want to negotiate a playing time clause, at least that’s what I’ve been able to deduce from Barnsley and Cardiff fora, and that appears to be harder to guarantee with clubs pushing for promotion; Morgan Rogers (391 minutes) is arguably the most ill-fated loan of the season, certainly when compared to Harwood-Bellis (3,254 minutes).

Maybe there is a case for sending some players abroad for the first half of the season and then sending them somewhere in the English pyramid in January. I’d just like to see one player do so well on loan that the club bring him back and that he then becomes an established squad player. That would be a huge fillip for loanees.

You’re welcome.

That’s a good point, though Troyes are in their first season back in Ligue 1, and if they do manage to avoid the drop, they should be looking to push on next season. The Championship is an excellent place to beef up younger players but for me Ligue 1 is technically better and would pose different challenges. We also sent Sandler and Roberts there, both of whom were in the last year of their contracts, so I could see him going if we don’t sell and he wants to run his contract down.

The problem with having players at Championship clubs is that we seem to want to negotiate a playing time clause, at least that’s what I’ve been able to deduce from Barnsley and Cardiff fora, and that appears to be harder to guarantee with clubs pushing for promotion; Morgan Rogers (391 minutes) is arguably the most ill-fated loan of the season, certainly when compared to Harwood-Bellis (3,254 minutes).

Maybe there is a case for sending some players abroad for the first half of the season and then sending them somewhere in the English pyramid in January. I’d just like to see one player do so well on loan that the club bring him back and that he then becomes an established squad player. That would be a huge fillip for loanees.

just to add that ligue 1 is a very appealing sellers market as their teams generally dont ask obscene amounts for their players. A lot of young dudes then go to the bundesliga, italy or even spain most recently. Its an interesting market if you want to sell young players

Up and down performance in the championship last year. I'd send him to Troyes to see if he can become a consistent player in France.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.