Clean Team or Doped Team

Uncle Wally One Ball

Which would you rather see compete, in any sport? If the authorities said that the competitors and players could take whatever steroids and growth hormone and whatever nonsense it is that they consume, and not have to pretend its medicine or supplements and not to have to lie that its for some condition that a paid doctor comes up with, and could compete in whatever sport it is that they do against other teams/people that have also been given the same pass. A level playing field for dopers so to speak.
They then also had a competition for people who opted out of that, and played clean, and it was universally accepted that was clean without dispute. And those taking part wanted it that way and didnt seek to take stuff. So a level playing field for them too.
I know this is dreamland, however.....
Which would you rather watch?

Both in separate classes.

One to celebrate the endurance of the human form.

The other to see a man's heart explode after doing the 100m in 5 seconds.

I can honestly see some sports, probably starting with sprinting and weightlifting and cycling having 'pro' and 'natural' classes like bodybuilding.
It might be time to throw in the anti doping towel tbh, as at present it seems to be a scientific arms race between wada and the steroid producers which the wada doctors seem to be losing. This retrospective testing does seem to have put the power back on the hands of wada though, and will mean cheats will be looking over their shoulders forever.

What exactly is clean?
All athletes will take products of some description that improve their performance, just someone somewhere has decided that some of them are allowed and some are not.

Well it would never work the "clean" version would still have drugs cheats and the doped version would be totally fucked up. I can imagine someone like the Russian's or Chinese literally breeding a child for the pure purpose of being the ultimate roided up super athlete.

For that reason I'd go for the compromised "clean" version that we have now.

Clean or cleanish that we have now. There will always be someone trying to cheat. But if a class of competition where you could effectively take anything happens,then God knows what would happen there would be genetically modified athletes and all sorts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.