Clear out

I guess the main thing is what we do with the fringe young players :

Shaleum Logan (Not going to make the grade top half of the prem)
Kelvin Etuhu (Not going to make the grade top half of the prem)
Ched Evans (Not going to make the grade top half of the prem)
Johnson (Always injured - suspect attitude)
Weiss (Very good prospect but needs experience - jury still out)
Kasper (Has made it clear for over a year he wants to leave even, wants first team football even in championship)

My guess is Johnson will be sent out on a season loan to somewhere like Birmmingham - if we can actually get him fit. He looked a very good prospect and has a high value - if we can get him sorted out. Weiss has been linked with German Bundas league clubs on loan.

The others its pretty obvious they wont become top prem players not for many years anyway. We just cant keep players on the books that will never play or feature just because they are home grown. The likes of Evans wont suddenly become a top 6 prem player next season or the season after that. Probably never. Best thing for the club but also for the players is to find them decent sides at the top of the championship or bottom half of the prem where they will play regular and improve. If we keep them on the books it restricts bringing through our other youngers that could become a SWP or Ireland etc given a chance....

As for the fringe pros there is not much to debate with the likes of Benjani and Fernandes. Not good enough, never really should have been brought. Its a case of trying to get someone to buy them.

Goal Keepers

Kasper Schmeichel, Shay Given, Joe Hart, Stuart Taylor

Defenders

Micah Richards, Michael Ball, Nedum Onuoha, Pablo Zabaleta, Javier Garrido, Danny Mills, Richard Dunne, Wayne Bridge,Tal Ben-Haim, Vincent Kompany, Berti Glauber,

Midfielders

Gareth Barry, Michael Johnson, Stephen Ireland, Elano, Gelson Fernandes, Dietmar Hamann, Nigel de Jong

Attacking Midfielder:

Shaun Wright-Phillips, Martin Petrov , Kelvin Etuhu

Striker:

Roque Santa Cruz , Bojinov, Robinho, Darius Vassell, Jo,Felipe Caicedo, Ched Evans, Daniel Sturridge, Craig Bellamy

all the ones highligted are the ones I believe should be got rid of.....15 players who for me are not good enough. That leaves us with 18 first team players plus the academy boys.

we need to add

a decent footballing centre half,
an our and out forward ........not tevez (who would be a very good addition to the squad but an all round attacker.
cover for swp (maybe weiss but probably be a bit too early for the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.