Clear out

Ash

Another thread I know.
This is our current first team squad:
fmkw2v.jpg

If all the players linked with being released, sold, loaned out or being simply not good enough (your Etuhu's of the world) leave, we could possible have a first team squad this small
s1m542.jpg

I'm not saying it will be that small as we may keep Dunnie, Caicedo doesn't go out on loan, fuck knows what will happen with Jo etc...
So imo we really need quite a lot of new players.
We should be aiming for another 7 or 8

2 Strikers - Tevez and Eto'o would be amazing, as would Villa but it wont happen. Dzeko? Forlan? Been linked with them all. I hope we keep Boj but he may want away.

Another CM - Veloso or Yaya. I would love Van der Vaart or Sneidjer from Real.

2 or 3 defenders - Any of Lescott, Terry, Toure, Upson, Maicon would be great additions. Garrido should go back to Spain, the Prem is too much for him.

1 or 2 wingers - The lad from Twente would be a decent buy, not sure whats happening with him now though. I also like Farfan from Schalke, would be decent for when Sweep gets injured. Robben would be class, a younger and better version of Petrov, who we missed last season.

I know I have aimed slightly high on some of the transfers, but you never know. I think we will sign a some class players this summer.

Any thoughts?

I think logan Benji and possibly evans will be here next season and to be honest i dont think hughes will let elano leave without replacing him with another player

BlueMoonie said:
I think logan Benji and possibly evans will be here next season and to be honest i dont think hughes will let elano leave without replacing him with another player
Not sure why I left Logan out, must have been accidental. I think Benjani will go, as will Elano. He will not get first team, so he will have another rant that he should be playing. As much as I like Elano as a player he is a bit of a ****.

BlueMoonie said:
also johnson i cant see us letting him go either despite how fit he is ...
Yeah maybe. But I can't see him having a role in our team next season. He is going to have to work extremely hard to get fit and push someone out of the team.

squad players are there for a reason, so we can look back and laugh at us getting knocked out of the cup by forest :(

BlueMoonie said:
squad players are there for a reason, so we can look back and laugh at us getting knocked out of the cup by forest :(
I wasnt saying I wanted all the players I have listed to leave or that they will leave. We may still have Gelson, Caicedo, Garrido etc.. as back up. Was just players That have been linked with loans, transfers, being released and players I don't really like/rate, apart from Logan who I forgot to put on :P

Just wanted to know your opinion on what postion we need to strenghten, players you think we should bring in an who should go :)

Out of contract - Definately leaving

Michael Ball
Glauber Berti
Danny Mills
Dietmar Hamann
Darius Vassell
Daniel Sturridge (Tribunal to decide fee)

Probably leaving (If we can sell them)

Kasper Schmeichel (Made it clear he wants to leave for first team football)
Tal Ben-Haim
Shaleum Logan
Kelvin Etuhu
Ched Evans
Benjani Mwaruwari
Gelson Fernandes
Richard Dunne (Rather we kept as cover but seems to be on his way)

Out on loan (Confirmed and possible)

Joe Hart
Michael Johnson
Jô
Weiss

Would leave us with

Keepers

Shay Given
Taylor

Defenders

Javier Garrido
Wayne Bridge
Nedum Onuoha
Micah Richards
Pablo Zabaleta

Midfielders

Nigel de Jong
Vincent Kompany
Elano
Stephen Ireland
Martin Petrov
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Robinho
Barry

Forwards

Craig Bellamy
Valeri Bojinov
Felipe Caicedo
RSC

+ the players we are going to sign. Tevez, Lescott, Toure and Eto seem to be the current targets , maybe another right back as well .....

If we get the players we are after I think its a likely a few more might go as well Elano, Petrov and Bojinov being the most likely.

Looks like there is going to be massive turnover in the squad as with last summer. We will have some squad when we are finished though.

Squad of 24 pros is the stated aim, seems pretty obvious the players that will be leaving. The chairman has already made it clear the number of players we are looking to sign and that there will be a decent sized reduction in the overall squad - which lets face it is needed.

Can't see them letting Johnson, Boj and Dunne go even if they just get retained as backup. If Dunnie was to go I think we'd need another CB in above the two defenders I think we are in for as that only leaves us with 7 defenders (unless VK moves to central defence).

Schmeichel, dunno, I know he wants 1st team football but the only interest atm is coming from Championship sides at best.

Evans, Jo, Logan, Caicedo, Weiss & Etuhu I can see going out on loan to show their stuff or possibly sold (Weiss & Caicedo will get a couple of seasons maybe).

In
I still think we are in for 2 x defenders Toure? Lucio? (on a free sounds good - not heard much of what's happening to him lately!). Plus a CB/LB, Westerman looks great on youtube :), Lescott or even Chiellini if we want to splash out.

Javier Garrido (looking weak for LB backup)
Wayne Bridge
Nedum Onuoha
Micah Richards
Pablo Zabaleta
Richard Dunne (maybe replaced)
Toure/Lucio/Another?
Lescott/Chiellini/Westermann?

Midfield looks great

Nigel de Jong
Vincent Kompany
Elano (maybe replaced)
Stephen Ireland
Martin Petrov
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Michael Johnson (maybe loan?)
Robinho
Barry

Two x strikers coming in - everyone in that forward line will battle for the ball!!!
Villa/Eto'o/fuckknows (the chinese superstar)
Tevez
Bellamy
Boj
RSC

Still not sure where we are picking up another player from, 1 in (Barry, not counting Taylor), 2 strikers and 2 defenders makes 5 so sonder who the other 1 or 2 could be and in what positions?

We've been needing a real clearout for years and years. We need a small tightknit squad, two good players for every position, that's it. The following can all leave, imo...

Ben Haim
Benjani
Berti
Dunne
Etuhu
Evans
Fernandes
Garrido
Hamann
Jo
Martin
Ball
Mills
Schmiechel
Sturridge
Vassell

Looking at £20m max, i guess, but just good to get them off the books. All shite (except possibly Sturridge, but balls to him!).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.