Cleiton Xavier

Ricster

Anyone heard of him? Being touted in Brazil as their version of Inniesta. He hasn't featured that much for Brazil, but being behind the likes of Diego, Ronaldinho, Kaka in the pecking order it was alwats going to be a struggle to break through. He needs a team in Europe to take a chance on him, and at 26 years old the attacking midfielder will just be about ready to hit his prime.

Despite featuring in more than 20 games in 4 seasons before last year, he never showed the flash that was in him until last year, where he scored 12 goals in 33 games for the sinking ship that was Figueirense. That team was unfortunately relegated and Xavier almost single handedly saved them. His move to Palmeiras has been a god send and he has recently been added to the Brazillian national team.

Cleiton has the attributes and mentallity to be a big hit, the only stummbling block maybe the amount of interest from Spain and Italy for his signature.

As you'll see from the video's below, his forward runs are very similar to Ireland's runs, but i'd like to say this and i know it wont sit well with many fans on this board. This guy is twice the player Stevie is at the moment.

This season with Palmeiras.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhEiDvMwW0Y[/youtube]

Last season with Figueirense. (skipe the 1st minute of video)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpLwqOeeLgI[/youtube]

Ricster said:
Anyone heard of him? Being touted in Brazil as their version of Inniesta. He hasn't featured that much for Brazil, but being behind the likes of Diego, Ronaldinho, Kaka in the pecking order it was alwats going to be a struggle to break through. He needs a team in Europe to take a chance on him, and at 26 years old the attacking midfielder will just be about ready to hit his prime.

Despite featuring in more than 20 games in 4 seasons before last year, he never showed the flash that was in him until last year, where he scored 12 goals in 33 games for the sinking ship that was Figueirense. That team was unfortunately relegated and Xavier almost single handedly saved them. His move to Palmeiras has been a god send and he has recently been added to the Brazillian national team.

Cleiton has the attributes and mentallity to be a big hit, the only stummbling block maybe the amount of interest from Spain and Italy for his signature.

you start the thread by saying "anyone heard of", but then you say he is twice the player Stevie I is - can I ask you on what you base this, have you seen him play a lot?
As you'll see from the video's below, his forward runs are very similar to Ireland's runs, but i'd like to say this and i know it wont sit well with many fans on this board. This guy is twice the player Stevie is at the moment.

This season with Palmeiras.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhEiDvMwW0Y[/youtube]

Last season with Figueirense. (skipe the 1st minute of video)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpLwqOeeLgI[/youtube]

sorry not sure what I posted then, will try again

you start the thread by saying has anyone ever heard of this guy (I have not by the way), but then you go on to describe him as twice the player Stevie I is, what do you base that comment on? Have you watched him play a lot?

BringBackSwales said:
sorry not sure what I posted then, will try again

you start the thread by saying has anyone ever heard of this guy (I have not by the way), but then you go on to describe him as twice the player Stevie I is, what do you base that comment on? Have you watched him play a lot?

I've watched him a few times and this season in particular, which is close to the end in Brazil, he has been awesome. With world class players round this fella he will thrive. Think of Elano on a good day but better.

He ´s a good player, but not the most important in Palmeiras, this one is Diego Souza. Diego even played as a starter against Bolivia last sunday.

I don´t think City need hire him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.