Cloned car

• Thread starter manchester blue
  • Start date
M M

manchester blue

Has anyone any experience of having your car cloned. In the last few days I have had a bus lane infringement and a speeding notice. At the time of the bus lane infringement the car is on my drive and my Ring camera kind of proves this in that it sees me come and and there is no further motion that night. The speeding it is parked up at work and I am looking to substantiate this.

Any advice on what to do? I've reported to the police and have denied any involvement in the two incidents via the appeals process.

Is it worth getting a new registration number because I don't have a lot of faith that the police will investigate this?

Is this post part of your elaborate cover up?
haha no. I can prove I was in the pub via my Google Pay payments (Thank you City) when the bus lane happened and my lad, the usual driver, was at Leeds festival.

Ask for the evidence, they usually can access photo details if its on camera
It might be that the car is completely different and they have just put some false plates on

Has anyone any experience of having your car cloned. In the last few days I have had a bus lane infringement and a speeding notice. At the time of the bus lane infringement the car is on my drive and my Ring camera kind of proves this in that it sees me come and and there is no further motion that night. The speeding it is parked up at work and I am looking to substantiate this.

Any advice on what to do? I've reported to the police and have denied any involvement in the two incidents via the appeals process.

Is it worth getting a new registration number because I don't have a lot of faith that the police will investigate this?

Yeah happened to me a while back.
I'd stupidly,forgot to update my log book to my new address for the best part of 12 months.

Got two letters from a cc bailiff re traffic infringements in London.
Fortunately the video evidence they had was of a car which was the same model but a different colour,and a few other notable differences.
I also had proof of my whereabouts at the time of the infringements.

The whole rigmarole of appealing and supplying the evidence,which sort of served me right,was a pain in the arse but the appeals were upheld.

Cloned plates are quite a common issue, if you've provided good proof it wasn't your car you should be o.k.

Tell the police and what the traffic twats can do is put a small sticker or some subtle distinguishing mark on your plate that flashes up on cameras. If yours doesnt then they will know its not you on activations. Hope this helps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.