Close season depression when your board don’t give a F

Rodgers is a good manager but he's got a pretty bad record as far as transfers go.
Indeed.

Anyone who spends £33m (at a time when £33m was a lot of money) on Benteke must be a mad man!

Rumours that Turnball has turned down the Celtic move.
Let the seethe begin.lol

The wee fanny has made an arse of it. Seemed he’s going to the mighty Barnsley and that will be the last he’s heard of. Hopefully.

It’s that time of year again for me. We need to buy about six players and we all hoped they would be as good as we could afford. Ridiculous and stupid obviously, but, I hoped.

A week ago a list of targets was leaked and every name on it was a huge oh fuck moment.

We know we can’t compete for known players of quality, but there are players out there. We found VVD for example, this list mostly featured players who can get a game in the shitier teams in England.

So far, even though we start the 580 qualifying stages of the CL in a few weeks, nada.

There is also a young Scottish player who I think will be a star whose team want £3m for and we bid £2m and it looks like we won’t go back.

I will need to get to the doctors, or even email Gove to ask for his dealers number to help me cope.

I hate every window as our board do fuck all. We have regressed and that looks set to continue, with the **** that us Lawell running our cheapskate show.

It’s not easy when your board have no balls. We can’t afford the best obviously but by fuck we can do better than what we get served up.

I think I will start back on the glue.

I wasn’t aware Scotland still had a professional league:-)

You've got plenty to be depressed about.

No natural challengers at the moment. And Sky have all your matches next season with the patronising coverage that goes with it.

You've got plenty to be depressed about.

No natural challengers at the moment. And Sky have all your matches next season with the patronising coverage that goes with it.

Mat it’s just the way it is. Our friends across the city always feel this is their year and are unbelievably bullish about it which provides great motivation and desire to win.

I look every year at the hype that is created around them and see bursting that balloon as a great thing to do.

You’re right though in terms of competition. I want them all to get better but not as good as us for two reasons.

1. It makes us better. We need to improve our we get caught.

2. When your fiercest rivals have no hope and a resigned to losing a bit of the fun goes. Not it all but a bit. When they are hyped and we do them the pain grows exponentially and I fucking love that. To see them engulfed in optimism then crash and burn is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Seeing them turn on each other and those who lead them, after they themselves out them on pedestals far above their ability, is an absolute joy.

There may be only two fighters in the battle, but it’s still a battle. Second is last. Last isn’t good. My hopes are we get better defenders and are able to qualify for the CL and put up a good show whilst realising we really can’t compete with the top teams or hope to win the group. But going toe to toe with them would be a massive step up.

That’s why I hate this time of year. Will our board spend, and I’m not talking about massive amounts because we don’t have it. But, there are players out there who would use us a a step into bigger leagues. They make us better and we make a few bob, we just have to find them, or at least fucking try.

The wee fanny has made an arse of it. Seemed he’s going to the mighty Barnsley and that will be the last he’s heard of. Hopefully.
To be fair he’ll probably get better money.
Used to knock around with a Dundee United first team player when they were good-ish around 1990 who moved South to a then Division 2 team (now even lower) in England and did so cause tripled his wages. You can see why they go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.