Closing the transfer window early

leighton

I dont know where to put this so putting in here. Move if you want. Not much is happening but with the window due to close in England in 6 weeks time are the big clubs in England giving it a bit of a handicap over the other European rivals. Also with the world cup still ongoing and players at the world cup rightly waiting until after the World Cup it is giving the clubs little or no leeway to get the deals sorted for the big transfers to happen. Would it now mean the big clubs around France , Italy , Spain and Germany are all waiting until the English signing window to close and see what players they can get on the cheap. Look at the players being linked to clubs. Fekir to Liverpool and so many others even with us and other teams around the league. I wouldnt be shocked if the players linked with English clubs that they dont get within this time limit end up at a big club somewhere else around Europe. I dont see how this window works if the clubs cant get the deals sorted within this time. I honestly feel that the closing of the window early may revert back to normal all over Europe. As this might not go as well planned and we start to see the really good world class players playing elsewhere around Europe instead of in the English league.
I feel the premier league have fucked up doing this if it was more of a whole of European football thing it would work better than what it is at the moment. Also for the clubs against it down the bottom it still will effect them more so now than ever if a big European club comes in for the star players of a Southampton or a Everton or Newcastle and the player gets the move they will now wont be able to sign a replacement. Its crazy and its all going to end in tears for me this window closing early with players still being able to move out of the league to go elsewhere. There will be clubs not happy with this come the end of August.

I think it suits the top end where they have the money to pay for what they want, they can force deals earlier, the wheeler dealers at the bottom suffer as they will be cut out of the deadline day bargain bin. Harry would't like it.

Inevitable their will be moaning at the end of the window but it is all about being a well run club and having a plan. Clubs that do all their deals in the last couple of days tend to be the ones who make a mess of it anyway. Maybe some will save some money.

All I want to know is, can players still leave England after our window shits but the rest of the world still has a few weeks to go?

If so then what is the point really?

All I want to know is, can players still leave England after our window shits but the rest of the world still has a few weeks to go?

Yes but not without said English club signing the papers to agree to the deal!

The window will play out pretty much the same but obviously across a shorter timeframe. Most of the deals will get done in the last 48 hours as usual.

Only as long as the window wipes and flushes.

It's supposed to be so that clubs know exactly what their squads will be prior to the first game of the season.
The majority voted for it so must think it's a good idea
The window isn't shorter, as it opened earlier to compensate

It's supposed to be so that clubs know exactly what their squads will be prior to the first game of the season.
The majority voted for it so must think it's a good idea
The window isn't shorter, as it opened earlier to compensate

But as we've established players can still move overseas, so all we're really stopping is players moving within England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.