Club Badge (merged)

that doesn't make sense though because football club is on all the other cfg badges

As Gav rightly pointed out though..in Usa & Australia there is NFL (football) & Aussie rules (football). Some one else said City doesn't need it being the leading club in the group and anyway who doesn't know Manchester City is a football club?

To be honest mate when I first saw it I didn't think it was the real design, I just thought it was a simplified version for the patents office.

When it dawned on me it was the real design I actually couldn't take it in! I thought people were going to be absolutely fuming and there was going to be mass protests. But that's not been the case. It's been a mixed reception, but I'm actually quite surprised by just how many positive comments there are.

I don't know whether that just because so many people are glad to see the back of the eagle, or they're just glad the rose is back. It does look like a City badge, just a really childish version.

The core design I can live with, the rose on top of the rivers is a fudge in my opinion, but the core elements are not an absolute disaster.

What is an absolute disaster is the styling and tone. You say you can't understand the cartoon comments, being honest I can't understand how you can't see that! It looks straight of Loony Toons to me!

I think the over sized white band makes it look like it's for children, and the shield popping out of the circle is like something Warner Bros would do as a joke.

The tone is clearly heavily influenced by Arsenal's. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the designer who did Arsenal's badge did ours. I don't think this is the same guy who did Melbourne's, no way.

The difference is, all that is on Arsenal's is the club's name and a cannon, that's it. I actually like Arsenal's badge, it looks a bit cartoony but it's so simple that it works. Ours has a few more elements and the design is a bit more intricate, so it doesn't lend itself as well to that cartoony style.

The best way to sum up my grievance with it is this. If that core design with those elements had been designed by @GeekinGav I would have probably got it tattooed in the new year. But I couldn't possibly get the badge tattooed as it is now because it looks like a childs version of the real badge.

If you could imagine Sergio Aguero being the star of Space Jam 2, this badge is the one Bugs Bunny and Porky Pig would have on their shirt. I want the one Sergio has when he leaves Toonland and comes back on to planet earth.

That's the problem right there though

Gav's designs were so good that the club were on a hiding to nothing

I think that you as an individual were always geared up to be disappointed no matter what the club trotted out

Personally I think it's City again

It won't pull up any trees..but that fucking bird and stars have gone and I'm happy we have our true identity back

I don't know whether that just because so many people are glad to see the back of the eagle, or they're just glad the rose is back. It does look like a City badge, just a really childish version.

I think that's it to be honest. After the abomination of the stars and eagle - anything is an improvement. This could have been a lot better though. I was kinda "meh its ok" at first but after looking at it next to the other team badges I'm getting more disappointed not happier.

Especially contrasting it with the wigan one which obviously follows a very similar design philosophy. Ours looks more cluttered and more amateur.

Aa0UUS7.png

mine were nothing special, just what we have before in the look of the supposed CFG brand. now thats been fucked off with.

i see what they tried to, Vectors and stuff, but its all .... jumbled in styles .... thats what i mean by amateurish ... its line drawing/vector/clipart ... it looks tacky. its like a collage that different people have stuck together.

they had the opportunity to really excel at this, and i mean really excel beyond the ones i bothered to do with too .... but they havent.

really disappointing.

As many said you did great work. You have till boxing day bud. Mission possible?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.