Club Silence on BM Refunds

Had the same issue on Monday when I called up for a refund for one ticket that wasn't used. Got the same spiel that even though the club hadn't offcially announced anything, it was supposedly common knowledge that you were able to get refunds and it was my own fault for not calling earlier. Fortunately the other three tickets we bought were used, so we only lost out on £17.50, but still appalling customer service.

The OFT ordered that refunds must be paid

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/05/tottenham-hotspur-ticket-refunds-oft

"Clubs told they must refund tickets when matches postponed
• Refunds if games postponed because of weather or TV
• Move follows complaints from Tottenham fans"

There's also the Sale of Goods Act Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999
Thanks for this.
I wasn't aware of this ruling - seems like the club aren't either.

The club has a been a bit slow on this, BMG refunded all of their fans regardless of whether they went on weds or not.

I'm sure I read someone say they were giving out refunds to all who hadn't turned up. Considering I hate Twitter that meant I didn't bother asking. Balls!

I contacted the club last Friday for a refund as I'd been unable to do so earlier. I was given the same answer as others that I was too late. Kicked up a fuss, eventually they agreed that I should be entitled to a refund. Pretty poor from customer services. They tried to hide behind the 'terms & conditions' that come with a ticket, as if anybody reads or was even supplied them. If you are one of the many that hasn't had a refund, keep challenging them. It wasn't a lot of money for this game, but it could have been the Barca game at £45+. Don't let them off the hook 'cos they can't be bothered.

Communication froM club has been piss poor.
On a point of principle I've been pursuing this. Over a few phone calls and emails I just kept getting the spiel about because I'd applied for a refund too late (ie after 72 hours from original cancellation) then I wasn't entitled to one.

I'd only ever asked for the refund of the one unused ticket but out of the blue over the weekend got an automated email confirming BOTH had been refunded.
Bizarrely this makes me even more pissed off with them. All I wanted was a refund of the one unused ticket and just a "sorry for treating you like an idiot". Its ended up costing the club more and leaving me unhappy with the club.

I've thought this for a while and recent events have only confirmed it - whoever in the club is in charge of customer/fan service needs to get and then instil some basics - we have a world class club in every other respect and we have a manager who's now calling out for the fans to get even more behind the club. Well let's start by treating the fans properly.

Communication froM club has been piss poor.
On a point of principle I've been pursuing this. Over a few phone calls and emails I just kept getting the spiel about because I'd applied for a refund too late (ie after 72 hours from original cancellation) then I wasn't entitled to one.

I'd only ever asked for the refund of the one unused ticket but out of the blue over the weekend got an automated email confirming BOTH had been refunded.
Bizarrely this makes me even more pissed off with them. All I wanted was a refund of the one unused ticket and just a "sorry for treating you like an idiot". Its ended up costing the club more and leaving me unhappy with the club.

I've thought this for a while and recent events have only confirmed it - whoever in the club is in charge of customer/fan service needs to get and then instil some basics - we have a world class club in every other respect and we have a manager who's now calling out for the fans to get even more behind the club. Well let's start by treating the fans properly.
You'll have lost the loyalty points for both tickets bud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.