Club Statement (confirmed that Mancini sacked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no point in dragging this out as the deed was done long ago...anyway its been a wild 3 years Roberto and for last season alone you have my thanks. You got the trophy monkey off our backs, won the bleeding title and cemented us in the CL spots. I backed you pretty much from the off and you repaid that backing in spades.

cheers

I shall never forget Bobby and the part he has played in putting us back in the big-time. He wasn't perfect but he won us silverware.

But I won't forget 1st September 2008 either.

Our owners are in this for the long term no doubt, but they want success in the short term as a part of that and it's their $$ that have put us where we are now; as long as we're not treated as a whimsical play thing, or saddled with debt, or turned into a basket-case like Chelsea, then in my view they can recruit whoever they want to run the club and that includes the manager.

So while I'm saddened how things have worked out for Bobby, I draw succour from the fact that the decisions made over the next few weeks are calculated to make us as successful as we can be as a football club.

Floreat City!
Forza Mancini!

Absolutely ridiculous decision, sad day for man city. The best manager we've had in years, brought us the trophies and he gets sacked for finishing 2nd exactly a year to the day since that great day that every city fan will never forget. Thanks Roberto.

willy eckerslike said:
Many thanks Bobby Manc - you will always be a legend with us City fans.

HOWEVER

I will be there at the last game cheering the boys on, my chequebook is open and ready to pay for my next season ticket and I am looking forward to next season when we will see a new and revitalised squad ready to show that shower of sh**e over the town who's boss!

CTID

PS Arsene talking out of his Arsene on SSN as usual.

^^^^^ THIS!!!!

Gutted should of let Mancini say bye to the fans on Sunday hope the board have made the right decision with pellgrini

manchesterJACK said:
Could of at least let him him finish the season, bad call by our board

that must have certainly been the plan, but they had to sack him earlier because of all the speculation in the media.

scousemanc said:
I'm a sesaon ticket holder and I haven't met a single fan who has been pleased with the performances this season. Something has not been right for a long time.

At least recognise that Berigistain and Soriano have a deeper knowledge of what happens behind the scenes than any of us, and if the stories are to be believed, all is not well. This has been put down to Mancini's poor man-management.

Uncomfortable as this feels, it was inevitable.

As to the timing, the decent thing to do would have been to anounce this after the season finished. However, due to the intense media speculation, this was clearly not possible.

The club found themselves in a no-win situation. The alternative, to leave him in charge for the last 2 games, when the whole world knew he was going, would have been painful in the extreme. And would have been a repeat of Hughes' last game in charge.

Thanks for everything Roberto. We love you.

The players haven't delivered this and they know it. Fuck me, If my goalkeeper let two in through his legs in a season I'd bollock him both privately AND publicly. So many sub-par performances this season. Mancini has undoubtedly made mistakes but can you legislate for Barry at Southampton, Hart at Southampton, Kompany at the Bernabeu, Nasri v United at home etc etc ?

It has been handled horribly, but the club has been put on the spot by the speculation over the last few days. If sacking him now is classless and letting him stay as a dead man walking is classless, there's absolutely nothing they could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.