Club vs country *Poll Added*

Who do you follow/support more passionately?

• Total voters
I think it will always be City for me, nothing else in football is as important to me than the club I've been supporting since the early 60's - yeah, FoC me).
Over the years I have lost interest in international football for one reason, the selection process - or what passes for one, anyway. Watching years and years of rags being shoe-horned into the team at the expense of far superior players just pushed it over the edge for me.
If the rag warranted inclusion then fair enough, if he was -despite the club he played for- a good player I'd begrudgingly accept him in the side. But when you know, and every other fan around you simply knows, that the player is not international quality, and yet he's there representing my beloved country, then I'm angry, and I lose interest. This has been happening for so long now it's forced me to stop all pretence at watching England with anything resembling enthusiasm.

I remember watching Jordan Henderson some time ago and the amount of sideways and backwards passing he was doing made me want to kick the television in. Whether it was the manager's instructions or not of course I don't know, but it was certainly the single most negative performance from a professional footballer that I have ever seen - and that includes Fat Sam and Tony Pulis in their prime.

Absolutely despise international football. Every time Southgate takes our players they come back injured, ill or with confidence shattered. Belgium just the same with Kompany and KDB over the years. And that prat Wenger wants a World Cup every 2 years, give me strength.

Used to love it but it’s all a bit meh these days compared to watching City. The main concern is whether our players get injured rather than if England win.

Italia 90 and Euro 96, City apart, were as good as football gets. The obsession with the media whore and the way certain "personalities" were treated because of their media image leaves me cold as far as England is concerned.

A growing number of those who follow England and Scotland, certainly away, do seem to be from ‘smaller’ and lower division clubs. Perhaps regularly having big names in the CL visiting your ground and travelling abroad to see your team has removed the novelty for fans of the ‘elite’ clubs, whereas it is more of an adventure for those in the bottom half of the PL/EFL

I honestly couldn't care less about international games, maybe it's because I'm an England fan or because of England fans but I generally view international breaks as just getting in the way of watching the team I actually love, City.
The fantastic football that we play could have played a part in me choosing not to watch England games because it's like jumping off of a cliff in terms of quality... always pleased to hear when our players have done well on int. duty though. Just not fussed about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.