Club World Cup Badge

mancharlie

If the next Club World Cup isn't until June 2025, why isn't next seasons kit featuring the CWC badge as City will be Champions until the next winner in 2025?

If the next Club World Cup isn't until June 2025, why isn't next seasons kit featuring the CWC badge as City will be Champions until the next winner in 2025?
The new format is every four years but there is another new format for all the years in between which is basically all the other confederations play each other and then the winner of that plays the winner of the Champion’s League. The CL winner travels to the country where the tournament the other teams have been playing in one-off final. Very similar to what we have now but the CL winner goes straight to the final rather than the SF.

The winner of that match will still be recognised by FIFA as the WCC Champion but the tournament will revert to being called the Intercontinental Cup and they won’t get all the dosh that the one held every four years produces.

That might be the answer, but I can’t find anywhere that definitively says the existing badge and cup will still be used every year.

Last edited:
The new format is every four years but there is another new format for all the years in between which is basically all the other confederations play each other and then the winner of that plays the winner of the Champion’s League. The CL winner travels to the country where the tournament the other teams have been playing in one-off final. Very similar to what we have now but the CL winner goes straight to the final rather than the SF.

The winner of that match will still be recognised by FIFA as the WCC Champion but the tournament will revert to being called the Intercontinental Cup and they won’t get all the dosh that the one held every four years produces.

That might be the answer, but I can’t find anywhere that definitively says the existing badge and cup will still be used every year.
So will City be allowed to wear the gold CWC badge until there's a new CWC Champion? They are World Champions until someone takes the title from us?! Is that correct?

So will City be allowed to wear the gold CWC badge until there's a new CWC Champion? They are World Champions until someone takes the title from us?! Is that correct?
There is an argument for that certainly but I’m guessing that won’t be the case purely on the basis that it would look strange if two teams were wearing a FIFA badge at the same time where both said World Champions.

If the new Intercontinental Cup wasn’t FIFA recognised I would say City could wear it for four years.

You have a point though because, as far as I can see, BOTH tournaments will play in the same year every four years.

Complicated!

Last edited:
There is an argument for that certainly but I’m guessing that won’t be the case purely on the basis that it would look strange if two teams were wearing a FIFA badge at the same time where both said World Champions.

If the new Intercontinental Cup wasn’t FIFA recognised I would say City could wear it for four years.

You have a point though because, as far as I can see, BOTH tournaments will play in the same year every four years.

Complicated!
Simple. How can we make more money flogging players to death in meaningless tournaments?

Don’t know about others, but it will be on mine next season :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.