Clubbing around Manchester, late 80's

Sue Denim said:
I started clubbing before I went pubbing in the late '80s - it was much easier for a 15-year-old wearing white stilettos and three layers of makeup to get into Legends and The Playpen in Town than any pub in Stockport.

I remember The Playpen being cram-ful of dirty old men with 'sovvies' and medallions who'd line themselves along the walkways and eye up all the 'talent'. I also have hazy memories of a Richmonds and a Richfields (I think the latter was seedier), as well as a club in Heaton Moor which I'm struggling to remember the name of...

Is the club in Heaton Moor you're think of Shakers?

Does anyone know the name of the Grab-a-Granny club near Piccadilly. Better class of older bird than the Ritz.

feedthegoat11 said:
Does anyone know the name of the Grab-a-Granny club near Piccadilly. Better class of older bird than the Ritz.

I can`t mate,but you also had Rotters what a shithole that was!

whipper said:
feedthegoat11 said:

I can`t mate,but you also had Rotters what a shithole that was!
I remember it well. First club in town i ever went to. I`m probably scarred for life.

Grays !
Frank the fist,head bouncer.
John meadows(think that's his name) DJ
Had some great times there,
Quaffers
Bredbury hall
Conti
Rotters

You also had Cloud 9 and place mate 7,i think it was cloud 9 that changed to the Konspiracy >

bluekat said:
Sue Denim said:
I started clubbing before I went pubbing in the late '80s - it was much easier for a 15-year-old wearing white stilettos and three layers of makeup to get into Legends and The Playpen in Town than any pub in Stockport.

I remember The Playpen being cram-ful of dirty old men with 'sovvies' and medallions who'd line themselves along the walkways and eye up all the 'talent'. I also have hazy memories of a Richmonds and a Richfields (I think the latter was seedier), as well as a club in Heaton Moor which I'm struggling to remember the name of...

Is the club in Heaton Moor you're think of Shakers?

That's it!!! Been bugging me for ages! Thank you bluekat :-)

Sue Denim said:
simonk said:
but thats all we had and we wuz happy!
we were young, suited and booted and had a few quid on our hips

my more "happy" clubbing days started about 89, until then it was as you say.

The Brookfield (later Brookers) on the A6 in Stockport epitomised the era. You might get hold of some slapper in white heels/you might get a pot bounce off your head.

Oi! Less of the slapper! I was a Brookers regular, and those white stilettos were very classy back in the day, I'll have you know. Cost me a fortune from Winfields of Haslingden.

I recall dodging many a flying glass there (Brookers, not Winfields) but I reckon the White Lion was much worse...

that wasnt.... was it... it could of been.... it was...near the bins that time? Ive still got your knickers and a rash!
x

Rotters was a dump,only went a few times. Anyone remember them maroon/deep redish suits the lads would were?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.