Clubs furloughing staff

The disgraceful way that the Sun reported on Hillsborough, and the even more disgusting way Kelvin McKenzie subsequently managed the situation, allied to the way Liverpool supporters mobilised around that, and then became emboldened by it, as well as prevailing cultural mores within the city itself, plus all the overarching commercial considerations, have all conspired to give rise to a situation where no meaningful objective criticism can be maintained for a sustained period against LFC as an institution, or heaven forbid their supporters, from within the mainstream media.

You get the odd hesitant, cowardly jab from time to time, but never a volley of punches like other clubs routinely have to endure, most notably us.

Any football journalist, if they are capable of honest introspection, will acknowledge this undeniable truth: they are all too frightened to report honestly about this club, and the worst excesses of its supporters.
Completely agree with all this, this sychophancy had already made reading the sports press completely pointless but I genuinely believe that LFC's complete control of the press affects things on field too.
Why would a referee, linesman or VAR operator give any kind of marginal decision against them when they would be crucified in the press? A marginal decision that could go either way is a case of 'sometimes you get them given, sometimes you don't' for everyone else but a decision against the Holy purveyors of all that is right and decent in football is akin to an assault on human decency these days, why would officials take that risk? PR and control of the press isn't just about sponsorships and finances anymore.

I went for my usual walk this morning and as we are getting used to now, all the shops apart from the supermarket, chemists etc. My barber hasn't cut any hair in three weeks, the cafes haven't served any drinks and the restaurants haven't fed anyone. Few have earned any money and none of them work for a billionaire. They have to rely on government schemes and there are millions like them. Some may have to rely on charity. And yet tonight we heard that the government has had to pledge £750 million to charitable organisations in the hope it will enable them to carry on their work. No billionaire - tax exile or not - to rely on there. It all makes me wonder how Joe Lewis and Mike Ashley - and others - can sleep at night when they are prepared to throw their non contract staff into the ring to compete with millions of other deserving cases for support from what is by no means a bottomless state purse.

Dippers saying their plan to furlough staff was “leaked” by a premier league rival never their fault is it! Who do you reckon they’ll blame I think a team in blue and last name city would be my guess

Quite sure the Dippers can find out who grassed them up , just need to hack a few more computers , or maybe one of the eight clubs who wrote to CAS about us has stabbed them in the back , that would be ironic.

I went for my usual walk this morning and as we are getting used to now, all the shops apart from the supermarket, chemists etc. My barber hasn't cut any hair in three weeks, the cafes haven't served any drinks and the restaurants haven't fed anyone. Few have earned any money and none of them work for a billionaire. They have to rely on government schemes and there are millions like them. Some may have to rely on charity. And yet tonight we heard that the government has had to pledge £750 million to charitable organisations in the hope it will enable them to carry on their work. No billionaire - tax exile or not - to rely on there. It all makes me wonder how Joe Lewis and Mike Ashley - and others - can sleep at night when they are prepared to throw their non contract staff into the ring to compete with millions of other deserving cases for support from what is by no means a bottomless state purse.

Great Post..!

Basically, they are greedy, selfish bastards who have NO standards or scruples and have proved that they will not hesitate to trample over the most vulnerable in society to maintain their wealth..!

When everything returns to normality and we have all got to believe that day will come, we must ensure what these people have done and I include the Dippers in this as they have this week also shown their true colours, is not forgotten lightly..!

The sad reality is though, it will most probably be swept under the carpet and airbrushed out..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.